Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Nue is clinging to me. Her fingers have only left my arm for not more than three minutes since we met up with her. P'Arthit had a dark cloud over his head as he walked with us, following along with the conversation as if nothing was happening.

"So now we should check out the arcade," Nue declared.

I was surprised that P'Arthit had agreed to come to the mall that just opened only to shop for clothes and jewelry. Nue must have suggested it or maybe she had just brought us here without telling P'Arthit.

"Okay, so we are playing games now."

"Do you play?" she leaned over me to ask P'Arthit.

"A little."

"P'Arthit you play video games?" I looked at him with surprise.

He turned uncomfortable, avoiding my gaze. "Only a little. What are we waiting for, let's go."

In the end, only a little turned out to be a lot. Nue finally abandoned her perch on my arm and began to seriously play a game with P'Arthit. I have never seen P'Arthit get competitive so my eyes were glued to him the entire time.

"heh heh, don't think you can beat me in this, P'Arthit, I am a pro." Nue had her nose up in the air as she handled to joystick like it belonged to her.

"One more try. This time for sure."P'Arthit was glaring at the monitor and began to choose another character.

"Okay! I am going to give you a trashing. You won't win even once against me."

"That's crazy, I'll win at least twice."

P'Arthit didn't win once. it was amazing how hard he actually tried.  Nue was pretty good at this and her attitude and happiness looked genuine, also the black cloud on P'Arthit's head had disappeared at some point.

They moved onto another game even as P'Arthit wanted to go another try on the game. Nue was bored of it and dragged him to another.

"Kongpob," he suddenly glanced at me. "Are you not going to play?"

"I will play this time," I said smiling.

We found another game and this time I was facing off with Nue.

"Ugh, I don't like this game," Nue complained only because she was losing.

"Kongpob, do you play," P'Arthit asked me.

"No, this is my first time."

"No way." The two of them said at the same time, glanced at each other, and smiled. I sighed. This friendship is a little... worrying.

When P'Arthit left to get something for us to eat, Nue and I were playing a car race. She was winning by a good lead so I was thinking of just letting her get the prize.

"You love P'Arthit don't you," Nue said.

My fingers slipped on the wheel and I blinked at the screen before glancing at her. She was smiling, her straight black hair in a ponytail.

"How did you know?"

This time it was her turn to be surprised. She bent the wheel too hard and caused her car to crash. Mine went past while she was trying to recover.

"You love him!? You really love him!?" her voice was a little loud but I didn't correct her.

"Yes."

"Then why aren't you two dating."

"It's none of your business." I pushed her face that was too close and continued to pay full attention to the game.