7

"You got it." I say calmly to Elena. We're playing guess the song. She's been here for just about a day. I snuck some fireball whiskey into the hospital.
I pour some into her water bottle, not to much.

"Your turn dean." She says picking a song from SAMs iPod.
"Ahm." The doctor says in the doorway. "Dean Winchester?"

"Yes." I get up from Elena's side and out into the hallway.

"We have her results." The doctor says handing me a Manilla folder. I flick it open. Ex-rays of Elena's head sit inside. "See those orange lines." The doctors traces "those are the major places that were damaged."

Almost the whole right side of her head contains orange lines. I look up at him "so what.. What's gonna happen to her?"

"Well a number of things could, but we know for sure that she may experience some memory loss."

"She Mae possibly suffer extreme causes if this happens again." I can feel water breaking down my face. I run my hand over my eyes down to my lips.

"Thanks." I stutter.
He nods. "You are free to go whenever you like." The doctor leaves. I walk back into Elena's room.

"Dean what's wrong?!" She says urgently. Elena knows when something is upsetting me.
"Nothing. Let's go."
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Elena and I hobble into the bunker. I walk her to our room.
"Are you sure everything's fine?" She asks.
"Yes." I fake smile. I lean down to her pecking her lips. She pulls back and smiles, sitting down on the bed. I rush out of the room.

I walk out to the library where Sam stands. I hug my brother. A tear slipping down my face.

"Dean what's wrong?" Sam asks pulling back.
I hesitate. "They say Elena's going to experience some.."

"Some what dean!?" Sam says sternly.

"Memory loss Okay!" I yell but in a hushed voice. Sam stares at me. His face sad and shaken.

"She-she needs to be carful. So can you jut take care of her for a couple days?" I ask clapping SAMs shoulder with my hand.
"Of course dean." Sam smiles.

"Thanks Sammy." I quick go to my bag of spare clothes. So I don't have to say goodbye to Elena. I just need to get my mind off of things. Elena. Sam. Purgatory. Cas. All of it.

I want to say goodbye to Elena,but I can't. Not now. I walk out of the bunker duffel swung over my shoulder. Sam stands in the doorway. I rev the engine of the impala.

I look out the impala's window. Elena's kicking and screaming. Sam holding her back. I drive away the radio playing softly. I look into my mirror. Sam and Elena kneeling of the cement steps. I can see Elena crying into Sam.

I'm so sorry, but I have to go.