Chapter Three- Kidnappers? No, family figures

"Okay, what is happening?" Tommy asked, stepping back.

"What do you think is happening?" The pinkette asked in response.

"Wh- what the heck??" Tubbo questioned, tensing.

"Let me repeat myself," The man sighed, "Are we going to do this the easy way or the hard way?"

Tommy paused, "No way at all," he finally answered, and smirked.

"Kid, you-" The man was cut off as the three ran in different directions, "Well that was rude."

---

Tubbo had run to the left, arriving on a busy road, carriages passing by every few seconds. Before really understanding what he was about to do, Tubbo ran onto the road, grabbing the back of a cart. He checked his satchel one more time, the crown still lying there, and hopped in, unbeknownst to the driver. There was a small amount of hay, and he laid there, looking at the star-strewn sky, an award-winning grin on his face.

~~~

"Who's this?" A voice asked.

"I don't know! How would I know!" another voice shot back defensivly.

Why were they so loud? This was the best sleep Tubbo has had in awhile, why did they have to go and ruin it?

Tubbo knew he wasn't getting back to sleep at this point, so he sat up, to be greeted by two men, one had brown hair, with horns sticking out of his head, and the other, shorter one, had black hair and wore a beanie, and they were standing over him, "Huh?" he asked, looking around. He was tied to a wooden post, in what looked to be a basement.

He still felt his satchel slung on his shoulder, a spike on the heirloom digging slightly into his waist, that was good. His friend had trusted him with something as important as that, and he didn't want to let Tommy down.

"We found you asleep in our cart." The taller of the two men explained, "What were you doing in our cart?" Tubbo mentally facepalmed. Man, he really didn't think that through.

"Uh, my friends and I got seperated, and your cart was going in the direction of our houses, so I thought I could just hitch a ride, sorry." Tubbo quickly lied.

"Yeah right." The shorter, black-haired man crossed his arms, "I saw what you had in that bag! A crown! Where would a simple villager boy or whatever shit you tried to feed us get a crown from!" That put an end to that lie, "Uh, I can explain!" Tubbo said.

"No need, your name's everywhere in these parts, same with your "friends"." The taller man explained, using air quotes as he said 'friends', which Tubbo found odd, "And I gotta say, it's hard to imagine a little guy like you stealing from royals. Guess that makes you a better thief, amiright?" Tubbo just stared at them. Yeah, he did know something like this would happen eventually, but not at a time like this. This was the worst time for this to happen.

The brunette chuckled, "Gotta say, it's really something you three get up to. I don't know how you do it, but you do it, alright." He bent down, untying Tubbo, "What?" he asked, standing up,

"We wouldn't get anything from turning you in," He explained, "Only a dark, dingy cell." Tubbo looked between the two of them, confused, "Let's just rip the bandage off, we're not exactly... well, let's say we sell some... questionable shit." The shorter man explained when he saw Tubbo was still not understanding, "Wait- oh, that explains- yeah that kinda makes sense..." Tubbo nodded.

---

Ranboo had run to the right, leaving the forest and entering a grassy meadow. They wandered for a bit, looking for a place they could lay low. Eventually, they were met by a small house. It had gotten dark, so they thought it was worth a try.