⛓Chapter 7⛓

*WARNING: Mature content ahead, proceed at own risk*
[Contains: Oral Sex]

  Stretching as I walked to the kitchen, I smelled the coffee brewing. Ty hadn't been in bed, nor was he in the kitchen or living room, so it was safe to assume he was in the freezer working on his angel sculpture. Digging out a mug, I poured myself some coffee.

  Sipping on the hot drink, I reached for the freezer door and opened it. Ty was indeed inside, shirtless, and sanding edges on the angel.

  "Good morning." I pecked him on the cheek, but he was staring at his hand with furrowed brows. "....Ty?"

  "I'm cold."

  "You're Hodr."

  "No, Harper, I'm cold." He showed me his hand that was wet while his arm was covered in goosebumps. My brows furrowed, and I set my coffee down on the silver table. It was only then that I realized I was feeling it as well, and pushed up the shirt sleeve to see goosebumps on my arm.

  "What the Hel?"

  "....I'm gonna call Mike." Ty rushed out of the freezer, and I grabbed my coffee before walking back into the kitchen. Ty had gone right outside, leaving the front door wide open. I went back to the bedroom to grab my pants, then went outside to see Ty just basking in the sun.

  "Wait, can you actually...."

  "Feel it? Yeah." He laughed, and I noticed his skin wasn't as pale as before either. "It's so warm."

  "What'd Mike say about this?"

  "He's on his way here."

~

  "Okay. Clearly, this is urgent." Mike popped off after climbing out of his truck.

  "Taste this." Ty sat up and handed his bowl to Mike while smiling. Neither of us had a clue what was going on, but the first thing Ty did once realizing his powers were going was raid the kitchen. So now he was sitting outside with a bowl of curry and a drink while I was right next to him, downing a pint of ice cream.

  "Why?"

  "Taste it." Ty was still smiling, and Mike took a bite. Not even a second later, Mike was quickly grabbing Ty's drink to soothe the burn from the spices.

  "Oh, Jesus!"

  "It's Ingrid's special curry! Isn't it the best thing you've ever tasted?"

  "No!"

  "It is to me, Mike. Because it is the first food I have tasted, actually tasted, since I turned 21."

  "It's no fuckin' surprise! I can't even breathe!" Mike downed another drink before snatching up my ice cream since his mouth was still burning.

  "Listen to me, Mike. I tasted food today. I can feel the warmth of the sun, I feel cold instead of others feeling it around me. Are you hearing what I'm saying? I don't know why, but whatever made me Hodr, I can feel it going away." Ty explained, and Mike paused while looking at him.

  He then looked away from Ty to the ice cream he had, then looked at me.

  "This isn't melted." He stated with confusion clear on his face. He knew all too well how cold things fared in my hands from the time I worked at the bar.

  "Yeah, it's happening to me, too." I leaned on the arm of my chair.

  "When did this start?" Mike questioned, and Ty and I looked at each other.