Chapter 4

Grumbling under my breath, I pulled my backpack out from the back seat of my car and slung it onto my shoulder. Locking up my car, I walked up to the front door and knocked. A familiar bald man answered the door.

  "Why does it feel like I see you everywhere now?" I asked as Olaf let me inside.

  "Coincidence?" He shrugged.

  "Harper!" I looked over and saw Ingrid and Stacy drinking wine on one of the couches. "What brings you here?"

  "Lisa decided to get her freak on at the apartment, and I needed somewhere quiet to get some work done. Here was my first thought." I replied.

  "Wise choice. It's usually near-silent here."

  "Except for when Eva and her emos were running amok." Stacy popped off, her voice low over her drink.

  "Where's Ty by the way?" I asked after glancing around.

  "In the freezer room thingy." The older woman pointed, and I began to walk over. "Ah, but he's having a private chat with-" Ingrid was too slow in telling me, and I had the door opened already. A tall, blonde woman turned to look at me with a surprised expression while she was shivering from the cold. Ty was leaning on the table and wall where a tall angel was being sculpted.

  "....What the fuck happened to you?" I rose my brows while looking at the blonde.

  "What do you mean?" The woman gave me a slightly confused look.

  "You have tits, Axl. I don't believe that's the most normal thing."

  "You know it's me? Who told you?"

  "No, I just have this thing where I can sense gods. I think it might be a light elf thing or something, I'm not entirely sure. But seriously, what happened?" I furrowed my brows while still having to look up at Axl even if he was a woman now.

  "I fell asleep with a damn dress on." She said bitterly.

  "What are you doing here, Harper?" Ty looked at me.

  "Needed a place to get some work done since my place is overrun by Lisa and her hormones. Hope you don't mind."

  "No, it's fine." He shook his head while softly smiling. "You can come over any time."

  "Cool." I grinned. "Then I'll leave you two be." Closing the door back to give them their privacy, I turned around and dropped my bag on the dining table. Unzipping the bag, I pulled out a laptop, a notebook, and a pen. Digging my phone out of my pocket, I set to work on getting appointments set and verified.

  "Hi, yes, this is Harper Jensen. I was calling to confirm that you wanted a welder on Friday. I have an email with this number requesting for me to come in and work on repairing a few doors, is that correct?" I grabbed the pen and let it hover over the notebook as I waited for their reply.

  It seemed my call had piqued some interest as the other three were looking right at me.

  "She sounds so professional." Ingrid mumbled before giggling. "I didn't know she fixed doors."

  "No, she welds. You know, melts metal together and stuff." Olaf corrected.

  "With her bare hands or with the machine?" Stacy asked, making me roll my eyes.

  "Great, and what time would be best for me to come in?" I spoke into the phone while scribbling down notes on the lined paper. "Perfect. I'll see you then." Hanging up, I scrolled to the next email on the laptop and called the next number.