The way I miss his soul.

Sixteen, doesn't leave his room. He stopped asking for things. He wanted to spend more time with me,  but this time it was me that turned him down.

From all the money he stole, took and spent at fourteen, he left us bankrupt. 

For two years, I have been struggling to raise money for the house, for food, clothes and bills. 

I work four jobs, barely get time to eat or drink or sleep. I may get at least five minutes in the shower a day. 

He offers over and over again to look for a job he can do, help out with the money and pay me back.

It made me mad every time he asked, not realising how I took the anger out on him. But, it had a massive impact on him.

He never see's his friends anymore.

Last year, I took him hunting. Taught him how to shoot a bird, kill animals. If we couldn't afford to buy food, we can get our own for free. 

He grew quickly on what he was supposed to do.

Now, fast forward to last week. He wanted to go hunting, but I told him to go on his own. I was too busy working.

I saw him put the bullet in, but it got me thinking.

It had been quite a few hours and he still hadn't arrived home. 

Now I understand why he only took one bullet...

I couldn't face myself finding him, but he was soon enough of the new.

Now, "Look, dad! I can skate!" I watched, closing the laptop. Sobbing the memories away...