The One Where You Comfort Me

hi. it's been a while. i know i decided to end my aarmau writing a few months ago but the lovely @EmmaClaireThomas has requested a chapter and i think this was an interesting idea.

so i hope you enjoy!

~~~

"Good morning." Alina says while stepping off of the last stair and landing onto the wooden floor.

Aaron's laying his head on Aphmau's lap on the couch as she rakes her fingers through his hair. "Goooooood morning, Al. I made breakfast a few minutes ago in the kitchen." Alina grind and nods before heading over to the kitchen.

She returns a few moments later with one slice of bacon in her hand and another in her mouth. She plops onto the other side of the sectional couch and takes the other slice from her mouth. "Soooooo what's the plan for today?"

"I was going to go grocery shopping for christmas dinner but Aaron woke up with a fever. So i'm taking care of him today." Aphmau answers while removing her hand from his hair and caresses his cheek.

"But Christmas is tomorrow." Alina frowns. "Are we going to have christmas dinner?"

Aphmau frowns back at her, "Of course we are, sweetie. I'll just have to find time in between to go out." She looks down at Aaron and lightly smiles.

"I'm sorry." Aaron says, causing Alina to look down at him as well.

"You're good, honey. These things happen." Aphmau tries to reassure him.

But he doesn't feel reassued. He feels guilty. He has for years. Ever since the incident, he's felt like Aphmau's trapped. As if she's forced to take care of him and his needs before herself.

He felt like he's taking her life away.

He felt not only does it affect he and Aphmau. It affects everyone. Their friends. Their family. Alina. Everyone around them.

And he hates it.

He hates feeling useless.

Being useless.

"I think you should go out today." He proposes.

"What?" Alina asks while taking a bite of bacon.

"It's important to you and you shouldn't have to miss out because of me." He tilts his head up towards Aphmau. "Plus, I don't think you've left the house and had some time to yourself in a while."

"Honey, you know I can't leave you alone. Especially when you're sick."

"I can stay home with Aaron." Alina offers, causing Aphmau to look over at her. "Aaron's right. Ever since I got here, you've been taking care of Aaron and I. And even if it's just grocery shopping, it's a few hours away from us. You deserve some alone time.

A tiny smile tugs at Aphmau's lips. "You're sure you guys can stay home together for a couple hours?"

"I'm sure!" Alina chirps.

"Now goooooo, babe." Aaron lifts himself off of her and leans against the back of the coach.

She sighs. "Promise me you'll call when you need ANYTHING, okay?"

"I doubt anything will happen. But I promise to call the second anything happens." Alina says while finishing off her last slice of bacon.

Aphmau stands up from the couch. "I guess I'll go get dressed."

~~~

The longer Aphmau was away from the house, the thicker the tension between Alina and Aaron became. They've spoken a few times before but never alone.