35

Our bodies automatically pull away from each other as the door creaked open, followed with a figure. I hear dabi click his tongue at the sight of the blue haired walking in.

"Am i interrupting something?" He asks, standing with the door knob in his hand and eyes focused on us.

"There's something called knocking, you know?" Dabi sighs, his voice much lower than before.

"I'll take note, even though I'll probably never listen. I never expected you two to be hugging." He says, shrugging and glances at me.

I hear a big exhale come from my right and Dabi spoke. "What do you want?"

He turns to me, his eyes in its usual cold stare as they sent daggers into mine.

"Y/n. Come out here. I need to talk to you." He states, starting to walk out the door.

I reluctantly follow, my fists clenched within the hem of my clothes and eyes glued to the back of him.

As soon as we were both outside, he closed the door behind me leaving us both outside and dabi alone in the room.

"What happened to you?" He immediately asks, his arms crossed and his voice in its usual cold tone.

My mouth gapes open, waiting for words to fall out. But none do. Instead, I stand still. The only thing that leaves my mouth is an inhale and exhale.

"I'll write it down later. It'll take quite a while to explain it here and now anyway." I answer. It's the truth. It would take forever to try and question me right here and now.

"Just to make sure, you managed to question the three young boys right?" He asks, leaning against the wall, his hand in his pocket.

I nod in agreement, the eerie silence making my skin crawl.

"Good. Then right when you get discharged, you get to the hotel and working on that." He finished, breaking the silence. Before i could even finish he started walking off and turned a right, making me lose sight of him.

~

"You had one job dumbass. Idiot. You stupid fuck." Dabi pointed out, repeating those same words over and over.

"How long are you going to say that for? It's already embedded into my damn brain." I complain, slamming my hand onto the table as he simply stared at me.

"Idiot."

"Dabi...I'm being really fucking patient with you right now. Did you know that?" I smile.

It's been an hour since I got discharged from the hospital. I managed to rest for a little while before getting started on writing. It's been going really well. It's just that there's a wall blocking me from continuing. I give him a sharp glance before sighing and continuing. You know what? It might not be that bad actually. I'm managing somehow.

"One job Y/n." He continues with the usual poker face.

Never mind. I can't take this shit anymore.

"I'm sorry okay. Even so, thank you I guess." I mutter out while reading the passage i just wrote.

"Wow. It felt like forever since I heard you thank me." He replied, a smirk spread across his face.

"Shut it." I declared, the heat starting to build up.

"Why the cold shoulder? You're being mean again, miss." He pouts with his head on the back of his hand.

"Quit whining. I'm not even being mean. You're just sensitive." I scoff, pinching the bridge of my nose.

"You know how I am." He shot back, a small laugh escaping his mouth.

I frown and turn away from him, even so, I felt a hand lay on top of mine. I snap my head around and give him another sharp glare, in which he gives back an unbothered expression.

"Y/n~." He calls out, not moving his hand.

"Okay. Genuinely. What do you want?" I question, my eyes glued to the computer. I need to get this done quickly. The more i do, the more sleep i can get. For what feels like the first time Dabi doesn't respond, causing your eyes to revert to his.

"W-why are you looking at me like...like..."

"What's wrong? Speak properly and finish your sentence, Y/n L/n." He smiles, clutching ur hand now.

OH. OH he's bringing out the full names. Oh I see. That's how it is.

"You look like you're about to jump me any second now." I tell him, looking back at the document.

"Oh. That was nothing. Just wondering if you'll still be able to keep this sassy tone in bed late-."

"Absolutely not. One finger on me and you'll see heaven. Not even heaven in fact." I retort, my free hand typing away.

His fingers start to move around, landing on my ring, playing with it as if fully wired to that one ring.

"Why should I be the one seeing heaven? Isn't it supposed to be me who'll bring you there?"

My head turns to his, a light laugh leaving his mouth as he saw my confused expression.

"Y/n...do you really not understand?" He mused, his hand now interlocked with mine.

What...does he mean by that? Will he kill me or something? I tilt my head in confusion and he gives out another light laugh. Just as I was about to give up and ask, other hand slaps over my mouth in realization. Dabi simply laughs at my reaction.

"Y/n~."

"Y-yes?! What?!" I reply, snapping out of my thoughts.

"You're blushing. It's so cute."

My face quickly flushed hearing those words simply roll out as smoothly as it did. I take both hands and start covering my very red face. This did not help the circumstances since now I have no idea where Dabi can go, what he can do or what he's doing. A wave of heat spread across my face as i felt his lip brush against my ear, the heavy feeling staying there. The sudden interaction made me blush more, his thumb caressing the side of my face that was exposed.

"Don't try and hide from me, Y/n." He whispers slowly into my ear, causing my face to heat up again.

"DO NOT EVEN!"

Note from author:
Hello hello! How long has it been? Two weeks? I hope that you all are doing well!
I'm really sorry everyone.I just started school meaning there's a lot of pressure now since it's face to face and no more online(hopefully).There is a huge wave of exams coming up so I'm sorry if there may be delays.
For now, I hope you enjoyed reading this chapter and the book so far!
I'll see you all next time! Byebye! Stay safe and take care!