compromises

You stared at his phone, already aware of the secrets it held. You knew it all, everything, every girl. And yet you chose to ignore it. Bakugou was your first friend, your first love.

And to him, you were his darling girl, innocent and sweet. The perfect girlfriend, his high school sweetheart, the girl that would never abandon him.

But it wasn't enough for him. His one night stands would come and go, staining what you worked so hard to keep. To him the girls meant nothing, he was just greedy. But, oh God, he would never dream of treating his precious angel the way he does to those whores.

He switches off the shower, grabbing a towel and wrapping it around his waist, ready to jump into bed where you laid still. When he stepped out, your smile snapped into place and you sat up slightly.

"Are you hungry?" you asked him.

He smiled at you, putting on his boxers, "I already ate, don't worry."

Lying back down, you waited for him to lie next to you.

"How was your day?" you asked him, as you did every day.

"It was long, I'm tired. But I really missed you." He said cupping your face, tracing his thumb along your soft skin. You stared back at him, the man who had your heart even after everything. It wasn't fair that you were unable to fall out of love with him, everything would be so much easier if you could. But a part of you didn't want to.

"What's wrong?" He said, observing the way your smile turned downwards. But you didn't want to speak, you didn't want to lie to him, how ironic.

It would be better if you never found out in the first place, if you could have stayed in your naive little world of loving boyfriends and picnic dates you wouldn't be in this pain. Bakugou had exposed you to the world of alcohol and hook ups, ruining the innocent happy girl you once were.

The truth is, Bakugou does love you. He loves how you spend hours on your outfit and makeup just to welcome him home. He loves when you paint your nails that deep red colour just because you know he likes it. He loves the way you look up at him with those doe eyes, blissfully ignorant. He loves the constant good in his life, you.

"I'm fine, Katsuki." you smiled at him, his heart settled back into place.

You didn't want this, you pretended it didn't happen, you almost believed it didn't happen. You saw it and walked out the room and waited in the kitchen. That's what the perfect girlfriend would do, right.

That's how pathetic you are. You walk in on your boyfriend fucking another girl and you simply walk away. You didn't even cry.

It was only five minutes later when you saw the girl walk out, not even acknowledging you, even slamming the door after her. Not too long after that Bakugou walked into the kitchen on his phone and grabbed an apple. He fucked another girl and then grabbed a fucking apple.

He looked up to see you staring down at the chopping board, preparing dinner. And he was speechless.

"Y/n."

Nothing compared to the heavy disappointment that filled you, never did you think you would stoop so low. Low enough to actually pretend you hadn't witnessed what happened.

"Yes, dear?" you smiled at him, the muscles that hold your face together were shaking ever so slightly, not enough for him to notice you were falling apart.

"Did you..?" He said, his eyes furrowed.

"Did I what?"

He breathed for a moment, thinking about how he got away with this.

But when you looked at each other, you both knew. The entirety of it was clear to both of you, he knew you knew, and he knew that you would let him do it as many times as he wanted to just so that he wouldn't leave you.

You were just a naive girl who fell in love too hard. And he was a greedy man who knew he didn't deserve you.

"I'm making spicy ramen for dinner, your favourite right?" you giggled, cutting up the vegetables.

Walking around to the other side of the counter, he kissed the side of your head and thanked you.

Your boyfriend cheated on you and you made him his favourite meal.

And he thanked you for letting him cheat on you.