room 33

Walking through the bleak hospital corridors, you glanced down at your papers, mentally preparing yourself for your new patient who waited behind the doors of room 33.

[ spring ]

"Nice to meet you, I'm Y/n. I'll be your doctor for the time you spend here." You said.

The blonde man didn't say anything, didn't even spare you a look. It wasn't that much of a surprise, some patients have trouble hearing. You walked closer to him, hoping to catch his attention.

"Hi, nice to meet you-"

"I heard you the first time."

[ summer ]

"Bakugou, you need to be taking your medication. Your not going to get better if you don't." You said, worry showing in your eyes.

He laid back, staring out the window, "I'm not getting better regardless... so what's the point."

He was always so pessimistic, there was only so much you could do to try and cheer him up. But to be honest, he has always been like this. It's hard to take care of a terminal patient. You both know the inevitability of the situation, and it's not fair on him to play dumb just to give him some hope.

"Did you bring them?" He said, finally turning to face you. 

You reached in your bag and pulled out your headphones, giving them to him. It was basically a daily occurrence at this point.

As you got to work, you heard him plug them in and hum very silently. Truth is, you don't think Bakugou realises he's humming, but it's nice to hear. It makes you day just a little bit better.

Your lips, my lips..

[ autumn ]

Nobody told you it was going to be this hard, you had become so attached to Bakugou. But everyday you saw him become weaker, frailer. The colour was drained from his face, his hair didn't spike up anymore, it was matted now.

You wouldn't tell him but it was affecting you a lot. He would just tell you to get over it or say something depressing. But that's fair enough.

Sitting on the edge of his bed, you watched as he slept peacefully. His lips slightly parted, eyelids completely still.

At the end of the day, you had to leave him alone here overnight. But the truth is you didn't want to sometimes. Shuffling a little closer to him, you slowly lay down for a few seconds before you heard a sniff.

"Y/n." His voice was groggy.

"Bakugou, I-" you said but he was interrupted when he put his hand on top of yours.

"Pretty sure you could get fired for this." His breathing was shallow, and he turned slightly to face you more, looking down at your face that was only a few inches away from his.

"I know." you said, his eyes were red, shadowed by exhaustion. It's like he was shouting from the inside, trying to tell you how much pain he is in.

"Can we just stay like this for a bit longer?" His voice was frail, pushing out the words the best he could.

You nodded and he lifted his hand to wipe the tear that fell from your cheek.

"It's okay. I'm not going anywhere just yet." He reassured you, but you both knew he didn't have much time left.

[ winter ]

It was 2 am, you were lying with him as his frail fingers twirled in your hair.

"Can you get them?" He said motioning to your bag. You did as he asked, getting the headphones from your bag and plugging them into your phone.

"I don't know if you know this, but you hum to yourself out loud when you listen." You said putting one earbud in his ear and the other in yours.

"I know. It's so that you can listen with me."

You chuckled a little bit, looking into his red eyes, watching as they lost their colour. They began to fill, watering slightly. But he was just looking at you, not saying anything.

"Y/n. You made this all worth it." His voice was giving out.

You shook your head, it's not fair. None of this is fair, he can't say things like that. He was burning out, the room only getting darker. 

"But I don't think you can nurse me out of this one."

Tears fell down your face, as well as his. His hand was so gentle on your face, his lips on yours. It was soft, even though his lips where chapped, the slight scratch against your lips was all you wanted to feel forever more.

"Katsuki.. don't say that." you put your had on top of the one that touched your face, holding it there. But he didn't reply, he only smiled. Humming the song he always did.

"Your lips, my lips.." his voice had given out.

"Katsuki.. please." you said, watching his eyes slowly close. "No..please."

His head fell to the side a bit, the feeling of his breath on your face was no longer present. No words came out, no sound when you tried to scream. Just your hand over your mouth as you watched him sleep.

The song had ended.

Apocalypse