Chapter 1

It was a cold morning, and the air outside felt like a sharp pain whenever you breathed in. She breathed out as though she was smoking, even though she never would because it killed her aunt one morning when her and her sisters were in her driveway before school. And she told herself that she wouldn't drink either, even though her father had countless bottles of Jack in the garage. She'd never had a boyfriend, and never really saw the point in one. Because in today's world, coupled are always fighting or doing things that she had never been told to do. She told herself a lot of things that she would never allow herself to do, and somehow she knew she would end up doing them anyway. And she was usually right.
She woke up early because it is the second day of high school, and since she skipped All of her classes yesterday to know where every hiding spot in the school is, she decided to get there early and move in. She could only bring so much in at a time, because bringing a lot of stuff to school this early in the year would be suspicious. She only brought the basics: vodka, a blanket, a pack of cigarettes, a dictionary, a lighter, and all of her favorite books. While she never drank not smoked, she thought that she would always be prepared in case she decided to finally off herself, or finally make a decent conversation with someone.
When she finally made it to the high school, it was 6:45 in the morning, and school started at 8:05. She went into the gym first, and found the loose gate on the bleachers. Silently pulling open the gate enough for herself to slide in, she pushed the box of basics under the bleachers with herself soon following. Something she soon realized, was that she forgot all of her posters at home, and that someone else was in the gym. It was 6:50 and her day had just begun to go wrong, only 9 hours and 10 minutes to go until she was free.
The other person in the gym wasn't very loud at all, and she considered leaving, except that the person was insanely close the stands. And sounded as though they were crying, but she wasn't sure. She heard him climb up the stands to the highest set of seats against the wall. She picked up the box of basics and walked silently towards the gate, when she heard a voice.
"I know your down there." It was a guy, and he had been crying because his voice was incredibly shaky and he walked like he was sleepwalking.
"You don't have to hide, honest. You passed my house this morning, and I wanted to get away from my parents, so I followed you."
The gym door slammed shut, and she walked down the hallway quickly to the janitors closet. She slid down the small part of the wall that wasn't covered in mops or dirty rags and held her berth for 1 minute. It was 7:30, and she decided that she couldn't do school today, so she left. She carried her box of basics to the playground that she used to go to all the time when she was little. When she was still happy, and she was still with her family, and still cared. Back when she could dream all day and no one would think any of it. She missed those days, but she mainly missed herself. Except that's gone now, and she can't get it back because she won't allow herself to. And she never will for as long as she lives. Because she got messed up, and now she's gone.