"You look cute!"

Austin's POV 

"Hey!" I texted Charlie on Discord. It was 9:47 PM, and I was bored, so I decided to text my best friend (and crush.)

"Hello." Charlie texted back. I never understood why he put periods after texts, but whatever. He's still a cutie!

I noticed that Charlie was typing. What could he be waiting to tell me? I got so giddy and excited over a small text message. Maybe because I've had a crush on him since we were sophomores.

"Can I video call you?" Charlie asked. But wait. He never asks to call me. He just calls me. 

"Of course you can" I answered, sending the text message and joining the call.

"Hey Charlie!" I said, when I was in the call.

"Hi..." Charlie responded shyly.

"Why are you so shy?" I asked, mostly out of concern, but kind of out of hope that he would confess to me. Nevermind that, he'd never like me. 

"Well..." He began, and paused.

"Huh?" I asked, but then Charlie left the call. Why'd he have to leave? For all I know, he might have confessed his love for me there.

"Ok, I'm back! Sorry, my Discord app crashed." Charlie said. "Hehe..."

"Oh, ok." I said. "But what did you wanna tell me?" 

"I wanted to ask you something."

"Okay," I responded.

"So, I bought this little skirt today," He said, holding up a plaid skirt that was the same color as his plaid black and red sweater. "And, when I tried it on, people seemed to, stare at me? And call me ugly, and a girl." He said. 

"They're being that mean over a skirt?" I asked. 

"I guess. So, I wanted to try on the skirt in front of you, and see your opinion on it." Charlie said. He was very shy, and he was blushing. 

"Okay, but whatever you put on, you look good." I said.

"I look ugly in this, right Austin?" Charlie said, putting on the skirt. When he put it on, I almost fainted. He was so pretty and handsome!

"Actually, I don't think you look ugly," I said. "I actually think you look cute!" I said. I was blushing so hard! 

"Really?" I saw his face light up with joy. He was blushing too!"

"Yes, really!" 

"Thank you so much! Nobody's ever told me that before." Charlie admitted.

"What, why?" I asked.

"Well, all everyone thinks is that I dress weird, because I wear my dad's old sweater all the time, and that jacket you gave me." He said. 

"That sweater you wear was your dad's?" 

"Well yes. I miss him a lot since he died, so I wear his old clothes sometimes to remember him."

"Ohm I'm so sorry." I said.

"It's ok, I can't remember him that much anyways." 

"Charlie! Lights off!" It was Charlie's stepdad. When Charlie was twelve, his mom started dating a man (his stepdad) and his stepdad brought his daughter (Charlie's stepsister) with him. 

"Ok, I have to go now. Bye!" Charlie said.

"Bye, cutie!" I said.

Word count: 503 words