The man who was left behind

The tale was known to have continued, even if the love story had ended. The man that was left behind continued to live on. But he lived differently from others. He lived in a secret world no one knows about and continued to live there even if his lover no longer exist. He found himself tied to the world, just like his lover once did when she was tied to a sacred tree, that she called "Moon tree". She once told him that the moon tree resembles herself, the time where he had no ounce of feelings towards her and they were merely acquaintances. He didn't understand what she meant back then, but now he knew. Now He knew more than he should ever have. And because of that, he felt more pain in his chest than it should have been. Sometimes it was so painful that it almost became bearable. He couldn't remember the last time he had a peaceful mind. Then he remembers; the last time where he felt of what was left of peace and content was the last night when he was with the woman he loved, and still loves, who was dying in his arms, and who was going to leave him. That almost felt like an eternity ago. But the memory still lingers. It sometimes stabs him in the chest when he least expects it. The burden that she left behind is becoming more painful for him to carry. He was stuck here, in time and space, while others moved on and went about their lives. He was still carrying the burden; the leaves and petals that once belonged to her now fell upon him. Sometimes when it was too hard and painful to carry, he cried and cried until there were no tears left. He didn't blame her for leaving him, even after filling his moon fully to its brim and swallowing all of his nights and dreams. Because she was his dear moon. Because He knew that this was his fate; this was the fate that the deities had for him when they decided he was the one to have to carry the burden. He also knew; that this is the consequence of his love for the woman who no longer exists in the real world. She, however, is still living in his dream, a place where he can escape from the reality in which he lived without her.