Lovers of the moon: Alternate Realities (Part II)

Everyone knows the story of how the lovers of the moon met and fell in love, and eventually, how it ended with the man being left alone while the woman moved on to the afterlife. But this tragic love story sets in the reality that we know and are aware of. There is no doubt that there are an infinite number of different versions of this tale that are set in other realities.

In one reality, the lovers of the moon may meet the same way they meet in our reality. They may meet as little children and they may grow together and eventually fall in love as time passes. They may have children and grandchildren and die by old age together, hand in hand.

In another reality, the lovers of the moon may meet in later years, where the woman that resembles the moon grew up to be the leader of a rebel thief, and the man grew up to be the captain of the nation's army. They may cross paths, and eventually, they would become companions, friends, then lovers. They may get married and the woman would stop stealing for a living to become the wife of a captain and the mother of their children. Their love story may end in tragedy where the man died in war, leaving the woman widowed with their children.

In a different reality, the lovers of the moon may meet as little children in the same woods and they reunite later on, just like our reality. And just like our reality, the man saved the moon from her own grudges and past regrets, and ultimately sacrificed his love for her by cutting the red string of fate that tied them together. The woman moved on to the afterlife and the man was left alone, just like in our reality. But the man somehow died shortly after sending the woman off and they ended up crossing the bridge to the afterlife together, hand in hand. Neither of them would know this, as their memories of each other would be wiped away, but they would be reborn again and shall love again.

In another separate world, the lovers of the moon may not meet at all. This reality is cold and dark. The woman would grow up not knowing the man and vice versa. The lovers of the moon would live their separate lives not knowing that there was an invisible red string that tied them together. The man and woman end up with different partners, but in the end, they end up dying alone.