4. |CLASSIC DANIEL PARTY|

Monday, April 22nd 2023.

Monte-carlo, Monaco.

All of them thought the party would've been perfect but something had to go wrong.

<<Guys do you happened to know where Catalina is??>> Matthew asked

<<No why?>> the british-italian asked

<<I can't find her anywhere!>> almost yelled Matthew gaining attention by all the guests

<<Where could she be?>> asked Javier concerned.

<<I don't know... she wasn't here since before the story>>

<<Didn't she tell anything to you?>>

<<No... we were talking on the couch then I went to grab a beer and when I came back she was just disappeared. Oh my God it's all my fault>> said the Dutch putting his hands in his blonde hair.

<<And why would it be your fault?>> said Audrei between anger and worry.

<<She was telling me that she was feeling a little homesick lately, then I got up to go grab a beer and met an old friend; we talked for a little bit but I completely lost track of time. When I got back she wasn't there anymore... so I thought she was with you guys but apparently she isn't>>

<<Maybe she felt abandoned or bored or something>> added Henry.

The three friends dead-stared him and then Matthewcontinued with his nonsensical speech.

<<She's not from Monaco so maybe she's lost or in danger or maybe she fell into the harbour and I haven't got the chance to tell her...>>

<<Ok ok calm down now! Instead of panicking let's go find her. Matt have you tried to call her?>> said Javier calmly.

<<I should... ok let's try>> the phone kept ringing for several minutes but none answered <<Perfect, dead>> said Matthew discouraged.

One hour before.

The Italian got out of the chaotic party and she went for a walk around the beautiful Monaco to clarify her thoughts.

*I have to say I like Monaco quite a lot, this city reminds me of Italy... It's way better than London, the sun, the sea, the history behind the city, the F1 circuit, god it'd just perfect for me. I miss home so much, but maybe I can have a new start here, this place is so perfect I can easily picture me and....* In that moment she realized that she was completely lost in the small city.

That town that she liked so much seemed now so terrifying since she didn't know how to come back to his friends. The girl picked up her phone but noticed that the battery was low so she couldn't get in touch with anyone. At the party Javier and the others decided to split to cover more territory: Min and Audrei went to Daniel's house where the girl was crashing for the week'end, Javier and Henry went to the circuit, some of the others started to run here and there around the town while Matthew went on the search alone.

2:30 A.M.

Catalina was on the verge of tears *I am alone in an unknown city, my phone is dead, I've lost my friends, gosh what else can possibly go wrong now??*

As she finished thinking this, a drop of rain fell on her hand and in a couple of seconds that single one multiplied in thousands.

3:00 A.M.

The group of friends was three hours into the search and they started to give up.

After Henry almost fell asleep on a bench the Spaniard decided that was the time to go home and so they headed to the hotel.

The Monegasque and the half Italian were starting to loose hope too, they were too tired to continue so they decided to come back to the hotel and it ended up with Min carrying Audrei bridal style because her feet were destroyed by the high heels and she had even fallen asleep.

3:25 A.M.

Catalina was soaking wet due to the rain that has been falling on her for an hour now, she saw a red thing in the distance; getting close she realized that it couldn't be a Ferrari even though, you could find one of them at any corner in the city, but it was a weird phone box instead. Maybe Monaco is just a bujee London. She ran as fast as she could, took a coin that was in her pocket and found the phone number that Matthew gave her on their first date, the number she had kept all along.

She dialled the number as fast as she could.

Matthew's phone started ringing, just when he had lost all his hope.

<< Hello who is this?>>

<<Matt is me please come get me!>>

<<Catalina! Is that you?? Where are you?>> by that time his eyes were full of tears.

While she was explaining he was running towards her.

At 3:33 the redhead was in his arms.

<<Matt thank god you're here! I am so scared, I can't believe it>>

<<Catalina>> said Matt openly crying. <<Cat, you almost gave me a heart attack. It was all my fault, I am so sorry. I shouldn't have left you alone>>

<<it wasn't your fault... I shouldn't have left the club>> said the girl with tears in her eyes.

<<Good thing that I found you then>> he answered with a little smile.

In that exact moment they looked at each other in the eyes and the magic happened, they started kissing under the rain like the perfect fairytale, a prince saving his princess.

After the kiss, they both started laughing because of the relief.

<<Let's go home, you need dry clothes and a bed>> whispered Matthew.

After years of waiting, they were finally together;

The next morning Catalina decided to meet her best friend at a bar to have breakfast together and tell each other everything; after she ended her story Audrei exclaimed <<Classic Daniel party!!>> and the girls laughed at the joke. After that Catalina remembered:

<<I completely forgot. You still have to tell me, what happened in 2015!!?>>