The Yellow Lanterns

The Sinestro Corps is a group of fictional characters, a villainous analog to the Green Lantern Corps in the DC Universe, derived from the emotional spectrum fear. It is led by the supervillain Thaal Sinestro.

The Yellow Lantern's Oath is, In Blackest day, in brightest night, Beware your fears made into light, Let those who try to stop what's right, Burn like my power Sinestro's might!!

Thaal Sinestro (of Sector 1417): An anthropologist from the planet Korugar who was specializing in reconstructing the ruins of long-dead civilization when indoctrinated into the Green Lantern Corps by the Green Lantern Phrohl Gosgotha, who crash-landed in one of the ruins and died giving his green power ring to Sinestro, advising him to use it to defend himself from a Weoponer of Qward who pursued the Lantern. Taking Gosgotha's post, Sinestro became one of the greatest Green Lanterns alongside Abin Sur because of his desire for order, which eventually led him to the idea of secretly becoming a dictator on Korugar. However, this rule over his own planet was exposed to Sur's successor, Hal Jordan, who was helping him stop an attempted Khund invasion on Korugar. As a result, Sinestro was brought before the Guardians and banished to Qward. There, he plotted his revenge by allying himself with the Weoponers of Qward who created a yellow power ring for so he can face and outnumber the Guardians and the Green Lanterns as the leader and namesake of the Sinestro Corps.

Arkillo (of Sector 674): A feared warrior from the planet Vorn who became one of Sinestro's first recruits, acting as both drill sergeant and carnivore. Arkillo fought Mongul for control of the Sinestro Corps and lost, having his tongue ripped out and forced to wear it around his neck. His tongue was later restored by Saint Walker of the Blue Lantern Corps, who Arkillo grows somewhat attached to. Described by Geoff Johns as the "Kilowog of the Sinestro Corps. Arkillo appears in Green Lantern: New Guardians, acting as the representative of the Sinestro Corps. For a time Arkillo was the only active Sinestro Corps member prior to its rebirth.