The Orange Lanterns

Agent Orange (alias Larfleeze, real name unknown; Hal Jordan refers to him at first as "Gonzo" because he vaguely resembles the Muppet of the same name) is a fictional comic book supervillain appearing in books published by DC Comics, usually as an antagonist in books featuring Green Lantern and the Green Lantern Corps. He is the primary wielder of the orange light of avarice, derived from the emotional spectrum, and does not voluntarily allow others to wield that orange light. He first appeared in DC Universe #0 (April 2008), and was created by writer Geoff Johns and artist Ethan Van Sciver.

The Orange Lantern's Oath is, What's mine is mine, and mine, and mine, and mine, and mine, and mine! Not yours! Mine!

The avarice entity is called Ophidian (Larfleeze refers to it as Ophidian the Tempter), and takes the form of a snake. It was born as the first being to eat more than it needed; it had been contained within Larfleeze's power battery and it spoke to Hal Jordan when he briefly gained control of the battery. Ophidian, along with the other emotional entities, are currently being hunted by Krona. The White Entity intones for Hal, Carol, and Sinestro to find the entities before it is too late. According to Atrocitus' divining ritual, Ophidian can be found in the upper midwestern United States. It is sought by Hector Hammond who in turn is receiving orders from Krona himself. When Larfleeze refuses to release the entity from the power battery, Hammond simply swallows the whole battery and is transformed into the host for Ophidian.

It is implied that Ophidian doesn't like Larfleeze very much (possibly because he kept it trapped in his battery), and Larfleeze seems quite concerned about Ophidian's freedom. Ophidian also implies that it is going to "get even" with Larfleeze.

Ophidian would later join Krona, and with its disruptive powers, help the renegade Guardian of the Universe discover the location of the Butcher. Ophidian was last seen returning with Krona to Ryut where he will begin purging the universe of all emotionally unbalanced beings. Afterwards Ophidian is seen without its host, launching along with the other entities and Krona an attack on Oa, where it possessed a Guardian of the Universe. Ophidian was eventually free from Krona's control, after Hal Jordan defeated and killed the rogue Guardian. Ophidian roams at large in the Universe once again. Ophidian soon began suffering from a strange illness, later revealed to be the reservoir of the emotional spectrum was becoming exhausted. After Relic wiped out the Blue Lantern Corps and forcefully drained the green light from Oa's Central Power Battery and destroying the planet in the process, Ophidian sacrifices himself by passing into the Source Wall in order for the reservoir to be refilled.