The Black Lanterns

The Black Lantern Corps is a fictional organization of zombies appearing in comic books published by DC Comics, related to the emotional spectrum. The group is composed of deceased fictional characters that seek to eliminate all life from the DC Universe.

The only current member is, Black Hand - Referred to as "the black incarnate," the avatar of the Black Lanterns. The former members are Nekron, Scar, Katma Tui, Martian Manhunter, Elongated Man, Sue Dibny, Aquaman, Deadman, Hawk, Aquagirl, Dolphin, Pariah, Crisps Allen, Tempset, Firestorm, Hawkgirl, Hawkman and so munch more. There. Are about 148 former Black Lantern members.

The Black Lantern's Oath is, The Blackest Night falls from the skies, We crave your hearts and your demise, By my black hand, the dead shall rise!

While the Black Lantern Corps are powered by the black emptiness of space which represents death and therefore does not belong to the Emotional Spectrum, Black Hand is revealed to be the physical embodiment for these corps, in the same manner that Ion is the embodiment of willpower for the Green Lantern Corps. During the climax of Blackest Night #8, Boston Brand tells the Corps' leaders that Hand is the "tether keeping Nekron within our world", and that as the avatar of Death he is also the only key to defeating the Black Lanterns permanently. Using the White Lantern power of Life, Hal Jordan commands "William Hand of Earth - Live", resurrecting Hand and removing him as the Black Lantern Corps' primary power source- which deals a crippling and eventually fatal blow to the Black Lanterns.