// 035 //

UNDERNEATH the steamy shower, blazing hot water turned Naruto's skin a bright pink within a minute of standing under it

UNDERNEATH the steamy shower, blazing hot water turned Naruto's skin a bright pink within a minute of standing under it. He wasn't sure if he approved of it yet - the burning magma you somehow endured washing yourself with, that is, but he'd grit his teeth through it just the same.

After both yourself and the Uzumaki had taken a couple of minutes to catch a much-needed breath, the mutual agreement of cleaning up was more than obvious. The sweat and sinful doings you had commited earlier washed down your bodies straight into the drain with each droplet. He was still burning up from the thought of what you had done to him.

Now, Naruto's fingers lingered on top of your head as he washed your hair. Silence surrounded you besides the sound of running water, however it was a comfortable one. He could see that you were enjoying yourself in this little intimacy he was experiencing for the very first time. The strawberry-scented foam bubbled underneath his hands as he ran them through your locks cautiously. He liked this. It was affectionate, and he wanted to be a good man for you.

"You okay?", he asked quietly as he watched your palm press against the dewy tiles. 

"Mhm...", you sighed, leaning further into his touch, "Sorry. I'm just very tired."

He let out a boyish snicker at your answer, knowing that he was at fault for your exhaustion. You had rather overworked yourself by bouncing on his cock on the floor of your living room earlier, however he knew that you were satisfied with how he reacted to the switching roles. Watching you now, he'd tape a 'good job' sticker onto the middle of your forehead if he had any.

"Your turn.", you spoke lazily as you turned around with the same shampoo bottle in hand he had used on you. His hair would smell like that of a girls', but he didn't care. His lips curled into a bashful grin as you reached up to tangle your fingers into his golden locks that were now saturated into a shade of light brown because of the water. Seeing you struggle a bit, he leaned down slightly to help you out with the height difference.

Naruto had sobered up by now. He stared at your pretty face, eyeing your red cheeks as you washed his hair, and he could not resist planting a quick peck onto your plump lips. The sound of your little giggle which followed soon after warmed his heart with pure joy. God, he was absolutely smitten.

"I need to tell you something.", he said. His nerves were already getting the better of him, but he was stubborn enough to not back away this time.

"Shoot.", you replied warmly, looking him in the eyes.

He wasn't just smitten. No, no. Naruto Uzumaki was deeply in love with you - exactly as he had admitted that very same night. You had changed him so much over the course of a little over six months, and he had always longed for change. He had longed for happiness, which you continued to bring into his life to this day. Like a ray of sunshine, you had painted his whole world a bright yellow, making him see some sense to living. And because of it, his tongue became untied as he stared at you with unyielding affection inside his eyes; the decision finally made,

"I want to continue going on dates with you. I'm ready to settle down... As long as it's with you.", Naruto spoke truthfully, searching your face with the most loving gaze you had ever seen him give. He could not stop himself from speaking further, and you let him continue with a racing heart,

"I want to take you out on fancy dinners that don't even taste all that good, but that still make my wallet cry. I-I want to go to the movies with you, so that you hide behind your popcorn and cling onto me when the jumpscare comes on. I... Fuck, it sounds so cheesy when I say it."

He could not find the proper words for what he wanted to say. Everything felt too corny or dishonest. It made him frustrated, the furrow of his brows tight as he started to turn away from you. 

Naruto was never good with words, that you knew, but perhaps he didn't need them to make you understand. Feeling your hand cup his cheek warmly, he looked back into your eyes with visible uncertainty. You were so close to him that the tip of your nose brushed against his own,

"So, what you're saying is that you want to be my boyfriend? Is that it, Naruto?"

At the term, he turned flustered. He had never experienced a serious relationship, but that didn't mean that he wasn't ready to pursue it - as long as it was with you, of course. Still, it caused a searing blush to form on his handsome features as he avoided your piercing gaze. He could not read the expression to linger on your face.

"Yes.", he answered, swallowing hard, "I want to be your... Boyfriend. If you'll have me, of course."

It took you a moment to reply, and his eyes flickered over your face continuously as he searched for an answer. You were making him anxious, and his nerves caused you to sink your teeth into your bottom lip to suppress a quiet chuckle. He was adorable. For a twenty-three year old man who was stoic and dominant most of the time, he sure had transformed into a skittish little boy right before your eyes at a lack of response.

"Oh, Naruto... My Naruto.", you sighed, wrapping your arms around his neck warmly. His skin was hot to the touch underneath the tips of your fingers as you pulled him even closer. It caused his eyelids to flutter shut when he felt your soft lips brush against his own, luring him in for a kiss,

"Of course I'll have you."

You pressed your lips onto his own, kissing him deeply as the water ran over both of your tired bodies, and Naruto could not stop the smile which forced itself onto his mouth. His heart hammered inside his ribcage with every single pulse it gave from the sheer and utter happiness.

"You'll have to meet my mom, though.", you spoke midst kissing him.

"O-Okay.", he stuttered at the idea of having to impress your mother.

"Also, I want to take pictures with you to show her how you look before you meet her. The corny couple ones. I want to brag, just a little. Heh."

"Oh no... Quick! Kiss me again, so I don't change my mind."

And so, you did. You kissed him with an honest laugh that made his heart skip a beat, and that made his thoughts feel fuzzy and aimless, like that of a love-struck teenager.

It was official. Naruto Uzumaki was your boyfriend. And you could barely wait to show him off.