Wish I Were Heather (Tamaki Suoh Angst/Fluff)

➼ pairing: Tamaki Suoh x Reader

➼ summary: based of Heather by Conan Gray (as requested)

➼ word count: 4.2k

➼ what to expect: "You two will be the best of friends, I just know it! My Haruhi and my y/n."

➼ warnings: tried my best to do angst, don't worry there's fluff at the end, self-hate to the max at the end

♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡ ♡

🎵I still remember the third of December, me in your sweater🎵

"Tamaki?" Your voice echoed off the expansive walls of Tamaki's mansion of a home. Empty, just like you suspected.

You'd spent every Christmas break with Tamaki for as long as you could remember. Your family always traveled for Christmas, and you preferred not to join them. You had nothing against your family, of course, but you always liked staying home for Christmas.

You rounded the corner, dressed in a pullover far too big for you, dwarfing your form as the sleeves draped over your frame, covering the shorts underneath.

It wasn't yours, of course. Who else would it belong to? None other than Tamaki himself.

You found yourself at the doorway to Tamaki's room, finding him in his closet, seeming to have just changed.

"Oh, there you are."

He smiled and turned at your voice, "Here I am. Were you looking for me?"

You nodded with a hum, shuffling into his room with sock-adorned feet. The fluffy kind, of course.

"Don't worry, my dear, I would never leave you."

The platonic nickname made your heart skip a beat. If only you could trust such empty words.

"I never said you would." you giggled in response, climbing slowly onto his bed as you watched him move around his room.

🎵You said it looked better on me than it did you🎵

"Are you sure you don't want this? It's so comfy." You pulled on the sweater with your fists to emphasize your point, letting go to hug yourself in it. Its scent was identical to his.

"It looks far better on you. Besides, I'm naturally warm." Tamaki teased as he came to join you on his own bed. You shoved him in the arm, scoffing.

"Quite the flattery, Prince Tamaki." you teased in return. Tamaki only chuckled, "Only for you, darling."

Your heart pulsed. Your smile faltered, but only for a moment. Something Tamaki didn't notice.

🎵Only if you knew how much I liked you🎵

"Wanna watch a Christmas movie?" Tamaki reached for the remote on his nightstand, flicking on the television in a matter of seconds, settling under the blankets next to you.

Your longing was forgotten as you grinned, "Which one?" you mirrored him, sliding under the blankets and making yourself comfortable in the plush, feather-like silk of his comforter. It was heavenly. His bed, his scent filled your nose. Everything about him clouded your senses.

"The Grinch?" Tamaki suggested with a glimmer in his violet eyes.

"Which one?" You pushed, watching as he clicked toward a movie.

"The new one, the animated one." Tamaki selected the new Grinch movie. You grimaced. "That looks really bad." You groaned teasingly.

Tamaki only rolled his eyes at you, "We'll never know unless we watch it." And just like that, the movie began. Tamaki clapped his hands, and the lights switched off. Something that always caught you by surprise.