XXIII.

Hiii, I know this is just me interrupting the chapter but oh god, 10k!!! Thank you so much. Also, this time, I can clearly say it'd take a long time for me to update again since pre-finals started and my workload has piled up. I really do hope you'll like this chapter and adios! Sorry for wasting your time. Please, enjoy!

--

Two tests done and now, it's time for Mahoro's. She stepped up and explained the rules as well. Apparently, this one involves talent such as cooking and such, "Listen carefully! You will be given thirty minutes to cook something for His Majesty, the King! You are to make food for his majesty, as well as for the Queen and Dowager. They are to taste your dish and judge your skills." She continued on, finishing her explanation with one big good luck to the contestants. 

After that, they all rushed to the kitchen, each one going to their respective places. It was loud, especially with women murmuring and debating what to cook. Izuku simply calm himself and think for food the King might like. He doesn't know him that much so he really can't tell. He bit his lip, closing his eyes.

What might the King like? 

A few ideas ran into his mind, however, one food won over all of it. A simple dish. A soup. 

He is unsure yet he still cooked it. Gladly, his mother taught him more recipes than he knows. She's an expert at it and he's proud she learned cooking from her.

He prepared the materials; washing the potatoes and celery. He chopped the garlic after he crushed it and didn't waste any time for a wasted second is as good as failing this test. He kept that in mind. 

Ten more minutes and the test has come to an end. All competitors brought their cooked dish, covered by a silk to hide each one. They were all prepared at the long table; the queen, Mitsuki and Katsuki stood up to taste each one of it. He was really curious about Izuku's so he's trying hard to find it, though, a smirk came into his mind. It was a great thing he's a genius. He had Kirishima spy on him so he knows what he cooked. He scanned the dishes and found the celery soup. 

Mitsuki rose her brow at the soup, "Who would cook such simple mean for His Majesty?" She took it and raised it, "Who cooked this?"

Izuku looked at the bowl and saw his work. He gulped and raised his hand, "It is I, Your Majesty?" He answered honestly. 

"May I ask why?" Katsuki was the one who spoke. 

Izuku looked hesitant, however, she showed his smile to the King. He looked at the soup, "Celery Soup help soothes your mind and promote a good sleep, Your Majesty..." he bowed his head politely, "I might sound intrusive but, I've noticed how restless you are. You look tired so I've thought to cook this for you."

"So you're implying that you cooked this not because of the test but especially for His Majesty himself?" Mitsuki smiled. 

Izuku nodded, "Yes, Your Majesty." 

"Very well.." She said, she looked at Katsuki and Toga, "Your Majesty, if you may, please." Katsuki nodded, tasting every dish. He purposely left the soup for the last and it was worth the wait. 

It was a unique one. It looked so plain, so green, even a child wouldn't want to eat it and yet, it tasted phenomenal. It was cooked perfectly. With that, he made his mind. 

--

Queen Nemuri rushed to Izuku's chambers. She knocked and didn't wait for him to reply, she opened it and stormed towards Izuku, giving him a tight hug. He felt stiff yet replied the same degree with a warm smile.