𝐈𝐈𝐈

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐄𝐕𝐀𝐍𝐒' 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄
𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐆𝐎, 𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐎𝐈𝐒

"Noelle!" I heard someone screaming above me as they tried to shake me out of my sleep.

I sat there ignoring the voice, but they kept shaking me. "i know you hear me!"

I just accepted that she wasn't going to leave me alone until I got up. I sat up and started rubbing the crust out of my eyes. "What, dola?!" I asked her, the question coming off rather aggressive.

"Why did you leave?"

I smacked my teeth together, turning my attention to my phone in an attempt to try to get her to go away.

I felt my bed move as if someone had sat down next to me, and she tried to reach out for a hug, which I moved away from.

"dola don't try to touch me." I pushed her arms down, "you know why I left, don't sit here and try to play dumb wit me, cause you pissing me off again."

"ma-"

"apologize or get out." I bluntly told her, being over her trying to act like she didn't know why i was mad.

"apologize for what?" she asked me, which made me look up at her with a blank expression.

"well nevermind. since you 'don't know' what you apologizin for." I said, making air quotes with my fingers. She opened her mouth to speak before I cut her off. "you tellin me brier wasn't being rude to me and you didn't let her do it?"

She paused and looked at me for a second before speaking, her voice rising a little. "how was I supposed to know you felt some type of way bout what she was saying?!"

I could feel a lump forming in my throat as I tried to keep the tears from rolling down my face. I've always been a person who cries when I get mad, so I knew that's what was about to happen.

I didn't say anything else, just nodded my head up and down silently before I got up to open the door. "get out." I tried to speak as clearly as I could, voice still coming out with cracks.

"but you not even explaini-"

"goodnight dola." I told her again, watching as she walked out of my room before I closed the door behind her. I let out a sigh, deciding that instead of staying up and continuing to think about the situation, I should just go back to bed.

The next morning, I woke up to my alarm sounding off in my ear since it was always on my nightstand. I got up, and walked to the bathroom so I could get ready for school. I walked back in my room to pick out my outfit, frowning because the one I'd picked looked tacky on my body.

If it looked good when I picked it out, why does it look weird when I put it on?

I huffed in frustration, deciding to just throw on sweatpants and a tee, with some slides.

"goodmorning mae." I heard my mom tell me, hugging me before she turned to finish getting ready for work.

i really am so appreciative of the fact that she let me stay with her & dola, because she could've let me stay out on the street, but she didn't.

I walked out to the car, and sat on the passenger side as I waited for Dola to come out of the house.

After sitting there, scrolling through tiktok for what felt like forever, I could finally see her coming out of the house.

She got in, before turning to look at me as if she was waiting on me to say something, before she just spoke herself. "Mae, stop. Stop ignoring me. You know you wanna talk to me." She continued, putting the car in drive.