VI

I stormed out of the house, with none of my personal belongings on my person except for my phone. I was so mad at her; I couldn't believe she would say that shit to me.

I was traveling as far and as fast as my legs would move me, the emotions going back and forth through my head making me more upset the farther I walked. I didn't even know where I was supposed to be going, as long as I was away from her I would be perfectly happy.

I just couldn't believe she would throw something like that back in my face. For years, she made me feel like I could trust her since I couldn't trust my own mama and now all of a sudden, she wants to throw it back in my face to hurt my feelings.

I felt bad for reacting that way, I didn't want to put my hands on her like that, but I couldn't control it. When I heard those words come out of her mouth, my mind just went blank. That was a line I never thought she would ever cross with me, and she did. But on the other hand, I know now that I can't trust her with my secrets.

Soon enough I had stopped as I reached a park, sitting down on a wooden, old looking park bench, giving my heart the time to get back to it's regular pace.

Soon enough, I heard a voice call out my name, "Noelle?" the voice sounding like a familiar one.

I slowly lifted my head up out of my hands, turning my face to look at the person who was standing there.

"What you doing out here by yourself? Where Dola at?" Arianna asked me, a curious expression on her face as her dark wavy hair blew in the wind while she looked at me.

"Um, she didn't wanna come with me, I was just taking a walk." I lied not wanting to get into the actual reason I was by myself, "why you out here?"

"My mama wanted to bring my sister to the park for a minute, so I came with them, cause I was in the house wit nothing to do." She answered, gesturing her head over to her sister who was smiling while going down the slide, their mom at the bottom of it, waiting to catch her.

I smiled at them, wishing I had that kind of relationship with my mom. We were never really that close; I was always closer to my dad than I was to her. "Can I sit?" I heard her ask, making me snap out of my thoughts.

I nodded my head up and down, scooting over a little as she came to sit down next to me.

"Can I ask you a question real quick?" She asked looking over at me.

"Mhm." I hummed, nodding my head up and down again.

"Are you ok?" She asked with a concerned expression on her face.

"Yeah, yeah um I'm fine." I answered, "why'd you ask?"

"Ion know, you just seem kinda down." She shrugged her shoulders, continuing, "I just wanted to make sure."

"Thank you, ari. I appreciate you checking on me." I beamed, smiling as I thanked her. "You're welcome." She responded.

"What's your sister's name?" I asked as we both turned to look over at her mom and sister. Her mom was chasing her around the swing set now, her little sister running and giggling. "Haha, you can't catch me!" She taunted, continuing to run on her short legs.

"Alani." She answered as we both continued to watch them, their mom catching Alani and scooping her up in her arms as Alani giggled happily.

"I got you!" Their mom yelled, tickling Alani as Alani kicked and happily laughed while their mom laughed right along with her.

"aw, I like that. That's a pretty name." I smiled as I continued to watch them play together. It really was such an adorable moment and I would give anything to have had a bond like that with my mama when I was Alani's age.