Part 12-Conclusion

Stacy Ann was furious that Dustin and Janice got married that her head was splitting with fire. How could this happen? How could Reeya be this careless to let this occur? She knew that Dustin's lawyer, Mr. Steve Martin, had known about this, so she drove to his office and confronted him.

Steve, could you tell me what is happening? I don't understand how my son got married to this thing while he was married to someone else?!!!

Mrs. Roberts, I can't give you much details about this case, but I think you know very well what happened.

I don't know what you are talking about.

Mr. Martin gave her a letter and told her:

If I were you, I would get a lawyer to cover the mess that you made. I can't help you, it would be a conflict of interest.

Stacy Ann opened the letter and was shocked at what she read. She needed to do something, and something very quickly.

While he was at Bali, Dustin spoke at length with his grandmother, Suzette, as to what he discovered before he got married.

Gran, gran. That was what I saw in the drawer before I left. I gave my lawyer, everything, Dustin stated.

Well, then, you would need to bring that worthless thing you call a mother and bring her to justice, Suzette replied.

You know that in Trinidad, almost everything takes long.

That is true, by the time they are ready, she may flee the country and disappear.

What to do, then?

You know how I feel about it. Those who live by the sword would perish by it.

What?!!! What are you trying to say?

I say, she must perish, disappear, permanently gone from the face of the earth. I know you love your mother very much, but let me tell you something, she will kill you and Janice for you knowing about her killing your father. So I'm telling you, get her before she gets you. Tell my granddaughter I said hi.

Dustin couldn't believe his ears. Should he or shouldn't he?

Stacy Ann drove to the house where she met Reeya still sleeping in the bedroom.

Reeya, why are you still sleeping at 10 o'clock in the morning? No wonder you are so careless and lazy! Stacy Ann exclaimed

What are you talking about? Reeya got up confused.

Dustin and... and.. Dustin and Janice got married!

WHAT!!! How... how that happen?

That's why I came to find out, you fool! You and your family are the same, stupid, got for nothing!

Hey... we are not stupid for helping you get the money for a ticket to London so that you can kill your ex-husband and get his money through his son, are we?

Stacy Ann stood quietly.

Look, both of us were very careless, now we need to do something about it.

How Reeya?

Clear out all the money he has and disappear.

I would really need to do that.

As they were heading out of the house with their bags, they saw Dustin and Janice coming through the door.

Mother, Dustin said coldly.

Son, Stacy Ann replied.

You had it all figured out, didn't you?

What are you talking about?

Don't play stupid with me.

Who are you talking to like that? I am your mother!

You were my mother until the day I found out that you killed me father for his money! And all this I thought that my grandmother was crazy.

She still is.

Until she gave me the letter you gave to dad before he died. You told him that if he didn't give you any money, he will regret it. And you made sure he did by killing him.

What proof do you have? That says nothing to a court of law!

The cameras around and in the house showed that you came in and killed my father, you killed my father. Dustin said this while breaking down with tears.

Well, then, let me say this: I killed him because he knew I was cheating on him, and then he was not giving me a dime after I signed that prenup, which I should have never done. I was not going to get the lifestyle that I have loved since I got married to him, the lifestyle before I hated very much, growing up in the country was hard, very hard! So I made sure that I become either a trophy wife or a glamorous woman by any means necessary.

And you killed him for it. now you have nothing left.

Oh, no, I would still have this life. It is you who wouldn't have this life anymore. And neither you, Reeya.

Stacy Ann took out a gun and shot Reeya to the head, and she died. Janice was scared and tried to leave, but Stacy Ann shot her in the arm. She fell to the floor, but she pretended to be dead Stacy Ann then turned the gun to Dustin and told him:

I am not going down like this, not at all. I loved you, but you and they need to go.

Just as she was pulling the trigger, dusting grabbed the gun by his waist and shot his mother several times, before she collapsed and died in her own blood.

          The police came and cordoned off the house, took Janice to the hospital, and arrested Dustin. He was charged with the murder of both Reeya and his mother, but Mr. Martin presented to the court that he did it to defend himself, as well the fact that Stacy Ann was wanted for murder in the United Kingdom. So as he is awaiting trial in Maximum Security Prison, Janice visited him. They spoke through the phone.

How are things with you? Dustin asked.

Just fine. The boys missed you very much, Janice replied.

I could imagine. Soon, the case will be dismissed and I would be a free man.

That is what gran gran hope too. She was pleased with what you did.

I know. She never liked her at all. I should have seen that coming, that my own mother would be this brutal.

I think no one would have, except gran gran. At the end of the day, money doesn't really bring happiness and that you should work hard for your own. She got so desperate that she was willing to kill you for it.

Now she is gone. I have talked to the psychologist about it, and I have forgiven her and myself for it. just wish that I can come out here to be with you. I miss you, my love.

I miss you too.

Will see you in court soon.

       Janice left the jail and came out to go home. Even though he was in jail, she still managed to get some of Dustin's money to pay the bills, but still managed to be one of Trinidad's richest women, based on her extra-lessons business as well as the many restaurants she owns. Truly, even though she had been through a lot, she was a single mother who turned to gain prosperity along with love.

This was the final part of the story, so thank you for reading, you can tell a friend about the story, and give me comments or suggestions about it.