Dru

I stared at the gates, steeling myself for what I was about to do, I wished I could have brought my glasses, cause I couldn't see much at all. Suddenly I started when I heard footsteps behind me and forced myself to stand stock straight and look emotionless. "Was the plan set into motion?" Asked the girl in the middle of the group. She had long dark hair and the same glowing eyes Kal used to have. I had no idea what plan they were talking about, but I know what Kal and I planned together before we parted ways. "They think they have evaded us," I reported, my voice and manner devoid of all emotion. but they have walked into our trap." I almost flinched at how hollow my voice had sounded, but caught myself just in time. "Very well," The girl continued, I suppose you would like to report?" Of course, I said, walking inside ahead of her and the others, doing my best to match them footstep for footstep. I marched through the city I would definitely love to never go near again. I stopped stock still when I saw HER. Emma Ainsworth. The woman who destroyed my life, made me and my friends have to run for our very lives. She's the same woman who took my brother away from me and forced him to give up his very freedom! But I forced a nuetral look on my face and hoped against hope that she couldn't read minds. "Well done Kal, she apraised, the mission is complete?" I nodded. "They thought they had won, but we now know the exact location of their camp." I said, handing her a fake map Kal and I had put together which should lead them on a wild goose chase long enough for me to hack into the system and take down the main frame. Thankfully, she didn't seem to notice I was lying through my teeth. "Very well Kal, go to your quarters until I have a mission for you. Yes Mrs Ainsworth, I said and followed the directions Kal had told me, into the palace, take the second staircase, head 6 floors up, and it's the tallest tower on the left side. I walked into the room and gaped, our entire living space in the tunnels could fit into this room. There was a ginormmus bed and a small bathroom as well. There was also a closet that could have been a small bedroom with all sorts of nice clothes. When I looked around the room again though, it made me sad. Most of the things he owned it seemed, were to control him more. When looking closely I could see video cameras all over. How could he live, I wondered, If he wasn't in control of his own mind, if he was being watched all the time, I even saw cameras in his private closet, and his bathroom, which goes so far beyond creepy I don't even think there's a word for it. Supremely disturbing maybe, nah, that doesn't cut it. When I here a knock at the door, I force my voice to sound monotone and answered, "Enter if you wish." In came the girl from before, her muscles taught and she had no facial expression. "Come with me," She beckoned. "We have important matters to discuss." Making sure I appeared as slack faced as before, I followed the girl down twisting corridors and through a narrow channel to a small dusty room. The girl looked both ways, and than shoved me into the room, rushing in herself and closing the doors. "Where are we?" I asked, unsure of what just happened and attempting to stop the ringing in my ears. "We're in my room," the girl explained. "There are no cameras here or in the other dormitories, as the can watch us with the implants. We can talk freely here. Is Kal all right? And who are you?" My heart stopped. "What?!" I exclaimed, "how did you know?" "Your eyes don't glow, she said matter of factly, my name's Regan. You're Dru, the leader of unlisted, aren't you?" "I backed away, "how can I know you won't tip off the initiative I'm here" I challenge. There's no way I can trust Regan to not give Kal and I away, "I won't," Regan promised, "I've been fighting the mind control, it works best if you have something to fight for. I have a thing for Kal," She admitted. My stomach immediately began to lurch, I did not need to know that. I headed off to bed, and worried continuously until sleep claimed me.

I'm now at the deserted location Kal and I chose for the fake map. I see Kal and run over to him in relief, but when he turns this way, my heart crawls away into my stomach as I see his glowing eyes. No..nno I whisper, backing away and he speaks raspily. "You should never trust, Dru. The initiative is all knowing and all seeing, anyone who resists will perish by it's might. I back away and the brainwashed Kal continues to close in until I realize I'm now in the cititel. I bump into Emma Ainsworth who looks at me with a sickly smile. "You thought we wouldn't see through you?" She asks me. "You silly boy, you've led your friends into a trap. I gasp to see them brought in by the brainwashed kids, lead by Regan? Her eyes are not even glowing, and she has a smirk on her face. "Sorry Dru, but you should be careful whom you trust, she whispered and I pretty much lost it. I fell to my knees and wept, everything was falling to pieces. "You failed us Dru!" That was Rose, I thought. "No! No!" Kal, his eyes glassy as ever, reached out for me... And then I snapped awake, my heart racing from what I had seen, even if it was only a dream.