.3.

"Your dad would be so proud!" Bianca was already a mess as Bambi stared at her with a blank expression through the mirror of the dressing room in the church, her dress- a puffy princess gown with a long veil and train, knee aching white heels to match.
"Would he?" She asked out loud, no longer having the energy to maintain this facade. These past four days for Bambi had been hell, she couldn't seem to do anything right at home and her body was paying for it. Not too mention Sean had gotten more confrontational after losing a huge case, he was volatile and the egg shells Bambi had been dancing so lightly on were crushing under her feet and cutting the skin. Leaving bloody foot prints in the wake.

"Don't be ridiculous Bambi, your father always wa-"

"Look at my face ma! He's beatin' the life outta me and your not doing anything! Why won't you help me!?" Bambi pointed to her still blood shot eye and freshly split lip. Her chest aches to breath, definitely some bruised ribs, the bruises on the surface were even worse.

Bianca sighs, shoulders slumping. "Men are different creatures honey-"

"Daddy never put his hands on you." Bambi was feeling bitter, her words coming out harsher than expected but she couldn't take it anymore. It was like drowning in a swamp.

"That's true but your father and I had our own issues." Bianca glances at her watch, her peach colored gown sways as she tsk. "Clean your face, they'll be here to do your make up soon." Again Bambi's cry for help falls on death ears, her needs pushed to the back burner.

She silent as her mother helps her into her gown, the top is corset and when her mother pulls the strings her bruised ribs scream against the strain, Bambi grunts but her mother only ties the knot.
The dress is even bigger when your in it, swallowing Bambi's tiny legs in a sea of fabric. It brushes the floor and the train trails about a half a foot behind her. But with the heels, her dress just barely kisses the floor boards of the old church and with all the practice in the world Bambi still looked like a new born deer stumbling around.

"You'll look perfect with some makeup, I'll go find out what's taking so long." Her mother brushes the wisp of her baby hair before the door click shuts behind her.

Bambi stares at her reflection in the mirror, trying to take a deep as a breathe she can with a hurt chest and corset tied tighter that humanly possible.

'I named ya Bambi because, with those eyes darlin' I knew you'd be a curious,  friendly little thing.'

Her fathers voice echoes like a sweet tune and her eyes shut to savor it, it had been so long- she thought she had forgotten the sound of her fathers voice.

"All this done for you and your still crying?" Hazel eyes dart open, clashing with grey through the mirror. Sean looks as good as usual, except this suit is all white. A single red rose pinned into his pocket. Raven hair gelled back, Rolex latched on to his wrist, and shiny and apparently silent white shoes to finish it off.

"S-Sean, it's bad luck to see the bride before the wedding." She gulps, feeling caged as his body blocks the massive door, but surely he wouldn't strike her in a church full of their family and friends? On their wedding day? Right?

"Don't tell me what to do, I hate it when you get like that. I just wanted to see you,-" he strides up on her, that cologne she easily become To hate suffocates her. "Why haven't they done your make up?"

"My mom went to see where the team you hired is."

She watches through his eyes as his temper roars, hands snatching out to grip her forearms that are clothed in the long sleeves of the gown.