We love, We live

"Hey stranger."

The man's mouth gaped open in surprise. The woman whose name never left his mouth stood before him. She looks radiant and glowing, he felt his heart jump when she flashed him a smile.

"It's been what? Six years? Seven years?" Lea placed her cup down. She had to admit, this is not what she was expecting to happen today but nevertheless it was nice.

Aga seemed troubled, but there was a small smile playing on his lips. Nervous? Scared? Giddy? Lea couldn't tell. It's like she's forgotten how to read him, but it's for the best. After all they've been through.

"Seven years." Aga went red in the face when his voice broke like a teenager going through puberty. It was embarrassing but it was nothing compared to Lea's giggles. He feigned hurt, putting his hand over her chest. "Sige, tawanan mo lang ako."

Lea shook her head as she calmed down. She then let out a long sigh. Her eyes traveled to anything but him. Her fingers subconsciously played her wedding band.

And Aga had to look away.

Minutes passed, only the sound of children's shrieks and giggles could be heard. Aga doesn't know what to do. It pains him of what's become of their relationship. He took a quick glance and saw Lea typing on her phone.

"This is...nice."

Lea hummed, having heard of him. She looked up at him after she put her phone away. "Nice?"

He just nodded and gestured between the both of them. It took a couple of seconds before Lea realized what he said, and to Aga's surprise, she agreed with him.

"I have to agree. It is nice to be here with you right now." Lea sighed, leaning back on the bench as she crossed her arms over her chest. She looked so relaxed, so beautiful. "I have to say, this is not what I pictured."

"Ngayon na nga lang ulit tayo nagkita tapos ganyan ka pa sakin." Aga tried to joke but winced when the woman didn't appear to enjoy his words.

And who's fault is that? Lea bit her lips from saying those exact phrases. Holding grudges is useless now. Both of them made a choice. Once upon a time, their story had only just begun but somewhere along those pages, it got out of hand.

"Sorry-"

Lea closed her eyes, cutting him off. "I missed you."

Aga's mouth opened, unsure of what to say but he followed his heart. He uttered the words along with his heart. "I miss you too."

He rubbed his face, and angled his body so he's facing her. Lea still had her eyes closed but he could see that she was trying her best to keep her composure. He could see it with the way she's digging her nails in her hand.

"I'm sorry, Lea. I truly am."

Aga would kneel on the ground if she asked him to. He would shout his mistake on top of the tallest building. He would do anything she asked him to.

"I know." Lea whispered. "You've told me that hundreds of times already."

Her eyes were glassy when they opened, making Aga feel bad. He doesn't like seeing her cry and he wants to punch himself for making her cry in the first place.

"Kung maibabalik ko lang ang nakaraan, I would've not done it. Araw-araw kong pinagsisihan yung nagawa ko sayo."

"Liar."

Aga swallowed and immediately closed his mouth. He leaned back on the bench and looked away.

"You're probably regretting it but I know you wouldn't have it any other way. Not after what it gave you." Lea couldn't help but snarked at him.