Chapter 4: Bridge of Both Families

"True, but one thing caught my attention, only Zinnia can transfer the mark to a successor, and I have been monitoring Zinnia, so how did you get that mark, Miss Rose?" Nox asked.

"It was in a dream, a small little girl, I saw corpses and a battlefield; my face was burning and she placed a mark on my abdomen, I thought it was just a dream, so I never check." I replied with my head face down and my eyes showing signs of horrors.

"Zinnia, do you have a thought of this?" Nox asked.

Zinnia stood up, raised her arms as if she was welcoming a guest, look at both families one by one, took a breath and spoke.

"You have been chosen to be the next bridge, now although you don't have any training and you have no magical affinity, but you have potential, now a mark of both families will show up whether the previous owner is about to die or meet an inevitable end, the mark can also be transferred to a successor, but it seems, my conscious chose you, I don't know why, but it chose you for a reason, and that means I am going to die soon." Zinnia explained it to me and in the end of her explanation, I heard a hint of sadness coming out of her voice.

The tense room now filled with gloom, I see both families' expression, I look at Zinnia and I am thinking that this girl is really precious to both families, and Zinnia is probably the reason why there is no war between the families.

"Don't worry, Miss Rose, I will teach you everything, before my time will arrive." Zinnia said with a smile on her face.

"Those in favor of I, Zinnia "Diopadre" Delise teach Miss Bell Rose the ways of preserving the peace and to be the bridge, adviser of both families." Zinnia stood up whilst raising her hand.

It was a landslide, everyone agreed that I shall be taught by Zinnia, except for Aciano, I mean he is still asleep after everything what happened. However, the majority says it, and I will be taught by Zinnia. Everybody then stood up and the both head of families shook their hands and proceeded outside, Fleur stepped towards Aciano, and slap his head so hard it caused a shockwave, she then grabbed Aciano by the ear and dragged him outside the hallway, the scream of Aciano still echoed through the hallway. Fleur Delise is a terrifying individual.

"Follow me, I will lead you to your room." Zinnia commands me.

I stood up and followed her towards the door, once she opened it, at first, I thought was a hallway became a bedroom, I thought I got injected by a drug or someone cast a hallucination spell on me, but everything is real and I am living in a world where magic exists with advance technology, I came to the conclusion that the one I saw was spatial magic, a magic that can control the space around the caster or rarely – everywhere.

"This will be your room, training starts at 9, I will teach you the basic steps about being an adviser and we learn about your first magical affinity."

Magic? I am about to learn magic? My first magic ever? I feel so hyped up about the fact that I am about to learn magic that I completely cut off Zinnia and jumped directly on the bed and forced myself to sleep.

"Very well, have a good night rest, Miss Rose." Zinnia said as she left the room.

I stood up, I took a quick glance around the room and sat down by the window, I opened the window and the midnight air touched my face, the scent of the night filled my lungs and the view of the night sky leaves me in awe and fills my mind with wonders. Such a beautiful night we are having tonight. I look down and I see Riki patrolling the house, and near the cliff I saw Aciano snapping his finger and a portal opened right in front of them, and they all step inside it. On the far right I see a forest and I see Tenoshi floating in mid-air, keeping an eye on the entrance.

"These people aren't so bad after all." I say to my own as I doze myself off to sleep.

Morning has finally arrived and I woke up to the sunlight hitting my face, I stood up and do a few stretches, I look outside and still see Riki on patrol, Tenoshi still floating, and Zinnia knocking on my door.

"Miss Rose, it's 8:30 AM, take a bath and prepare your outfit, we prepared your outfit for you last night, it's right there inside the wardrobe, I will be waiting in the training grounds" Zinnia exclaimed.

I responded with a quick yes, and ponder on how the hell am I suppose to find the training grounds and where is the training grounds, I took off my clothes and dipped myself in the bathtub. The water is not too cold and too warm either, it's just the perfect balance of both temperatures, I wash my body, left the tub and dry myself off. I walk out of the bathroom and proceeded to the wardrobe, I opened it and found a black suit with red cut top and a hair band for my hair. Pretty fancy I would say, makes me feel pretty.

Now to find the training grounds, I opened the door and it led me to as what I presume should be the training ground, for I saw Zinnia sitting on the floor looking at me as if I had a dumb look on my face, which I have, I should've expected this already.

Zinnia stood up and walked towards me, she gave me a stone and asked me to focus my mind on the stone, think of nothing but the stone, so I did. The stone glowed and it gave out the color of gray and blue, the affinity of water and astral. Zinnia then reached out with her right arm out of thin air and opened a portal, she reached in and grabbed books that teaches water and astral magic, and with it comes books that teaches on how to control your magic when it goes out of control.

The training was immense, Zinnia was a tough teacher, especially for someone of her age. The training lasted for a month and with it I am able to project my soul outside of my body but can only roam around on a limited distance, I can do intermediate offensive and defensive water magic, and I have learned basic magic, such as floating, healing and spell shield. She also taught me the ways on how to handle both families and what to do if ever she is gone.

One day Zinnia called me out and decided to have a spar to test out what I have learned throughout the month, I have cut off all distractions and decided to focus on my training.