Chapter 7: Tears of the Moon

"Miss Rose, can you please go to your astral form and scout ahead?" Nox asked.

"Sure, will do" I replied and went to astral form.

I quickly went deep into the woods and found Tenoshi lying down on the floor, all covered in blood and beaten up. I went back to human form to check on her and drag her away to treat her, but the moment I did that, a dagger came flying by almost hitting me, I hid behind a tree and try to figure out where that dagger came from.

"If you move from that spot, this next dagger will gouge your eyes out and at the same time killing you." She warned me in a vicious tone.

I went to my astral form to avoid detection, I tried to circle around but she throwed a dagger right at me, the dagger hit me on the thigh and I let out an agonizing scream, I quickly float away from her but her speed is incredible and her abilities of foresight is not to be messed with, I had to leave Tenoshi, I must make a run for it.

I manage to fend off her throwing knives being thrown at me, but too much usage of my magic drains my energy, I need a way to lose her, I just can't keep running and dodging forever. She finally caught up and instantly appear right in front of me, Fleur took a huge swing down towards me, but I avoided it by going astral, the attack hit the ground so hard it caused an earthquake.

She grabbed me on the neck while I was on astral form, it was then I realize that I have no chance of escape from Fleur, a top assassin. I grabbed her thumb and pulled it as hard as I can in order to avoid from being choke to death. I struggled and finally forced my way out of her grip.

I made a run for it, I run towards the direction as to where Nox is, my vision is blurry, my energy is depleting, and Fleur is just right on my tail. The moment Fleur is about to catch up and grab my hair, Nox came right on time and grabbed her by the hand.

Nox snapped his finger and created a dome so that Fleur won't be able to get me. I sat there outside the dome, tired and injured, I just lay down and watch the fight as it happens right in front of me. Fleur grins as she finally gets to fight Nox again, and Nox look calm as always, but both of them are ready to fight.

"We don't have to do this." Nox said

"Your head is mine, for what you have done to Aciano." Fleur replied.

It has been an hour and nothing has happened yet, the sky is still dark due to Nox's spell. Giving Nox the advantage for the darkness that is all over the battlefield.

"Seems you won't be fighting fair; guess I will have to find my own way." Fleur said holding her arms together and conjuring a spell.

The entire field of dandelions then began to glow, creating a calm and soothing light that lit up Nox's darkness, a small light but with this, Fleur will be able to see the terrain and the barrier that Nox made to trap both of them inside.

Fleur threw a knife at Nox, Nox dodges it with ease but as soon as he recovers, Fleur disappeared in front of him, Nox looked up and Fleur was already above, Fleur does a dive attack with her full might but Nox blocks it with his fishing rod.

Nox pushed Fleur away, creating distance. Nox then swings his fishing rod and manage to hook Fleur's clothes, he then pulled Fleur close towards himself and grabbed Fleur by the head and smash her hard to the ground.

Nox retaliates and realize that it was a fake, what she attacked was a dummy and not the real one, Fleur then sprang out from underground and was able to injure Nox in the right arm. Nox shrugged it off and focus completely on the battle.

As I continue healing myself and watching these two monsters fight each other out, I know that their battle is about to come to an end, and both of them know it too. Nox dropped his weapon and summoned a sword imbued in darkness, Fleur combined both of her daggers and formed a sword imbued with light. Light and darkness clashing towards each other, the power is so immense that it's about to shatter the dome and sink the entire battlefield with them.

I quickly ran away and kept a safe distance from the fight, I went to my astral form and went near the fight to spectate. The smoke is covering the entire dome, the barrier fell into tiny particles, falling slowly towards the ground. The night's breeze blew away all the smoke and all I can see is Fleur Delise laying down on Nox's arms, heavily injured by Nox's sword that pierced through her stomach.

The visible cold breath of Fleur as she breaths, her gaze fixated towards the moon, the coldness of death invading her skin, Fleur doesn't look scared at all, she looks satisfied.

"Fleur, you know that you didn't have to fight, you could stop pretending." Nox let out a sad tone as tears fell from his eyes.

"You knew? You are always such a bummer, but it's okay, perhaps I won't pretend anymore in the next life." Said Fleur holding on to her own life.

"I always knew, you were just forced to hate me, we were force to hate each other, when you are reborn again, I will find you." Nox replied with tears falling down.

Fleur looked at the moon again and spoke her last words "The moon is beautiful tonight, Nox. Just like the first time we met, take care, Nox." With her final breath, Fleur Delise died around the arms of Nox Unícus. Nox let out a sorrowful cry as he cradles Fleur's body, he then leaned in and kissed her on the forehead right before her soul is being taken away from the tournament.

Tears fell and so does the moon, I looked at the moon and I saw it cry, but from the looks of it, the moon is melting and the sky is reverting back from night to day. It is my first time seeing a powerful being cry before, this proves that even monsters have a heart.

The battle is finish, the Diopadres have acquired victory, but as for Nox, victory felt like defeat for him, I live, and there is nothing that the Delise family can do about it. As for their warriors, they will be reborn by the power of the head and the mistress of their family.