33

Hongjoong was sitting on the couch with Seonghwa and Yeosang. Mingi had stormed out about fifteen minutes ago. He texted him to ask if he was okay and begging him not to do anything stupid, but he knew the chances of the boy reading them were slim.

He had gone to see if the boy had taken the car, but it was still there, which meant he left walking. But the dorms are so far away? He would be so cold? It was dangerous as well.

Hongjoong felt guilty about being more worried about the boy's safety and having hurt his feelings than about the fact that their relationship had most probably ended. What was wrong with him?

"Hey, babe" Momo sat down and wrapped her hands around Seonghwa's neck. "What are you staring at, fresher? Get out of here" She snapped at Yeosang who scoffed and got up.

"Momo, you can't talk to my friends that way" Seonghwa said as he looked at the pretty brunette.

"I don't talk to Hongjoong that way or anything. That fresher's not your friend, who cares" She scoffed and took the cup that the boy was holding in his hand.

"I wonder why people think you're a cold bitch, Momo" Hongjoong joked and looked around to see where Yeosang had gone.

"Whatever" She mimicked and took out her phone. The girl stayed with them for some time until she saw a friend of hers had arrived.

"Daehyun's here! I'll be back later, babe" She got up and kissed Seonghwa's cheek before going to greet the other brunette.

"Dude, you're back with Momo?!?!" Hongjoong whispered yelled as soon as the girl left.

"No. It's a small misunderstanding" He furrowed his brows as he spoke.

"A misunderstanding???" The blonde repeated. "Are you even going to apologize to Yeosang?"

"Should I?"

"Yes! Now!" Hongjoong looked as his friend got up and went to look for the brunette.

He stayed seated for some time and wondered if Mingi had gone back to their dorm room. He knew things were going to get ugly and awkward from now on and he dreaded the next few weeks. Wooyoung sat down next to him and asked him where Mingi was. He told him they had gotten in a fight but didn't tell him just how big since he himself didn't know.

Wooyoung laughed and told him that Mingi would be apologizing by tomorrow because he knew that he had to if he wanted them to be okay. Hearing this made Hongjoong feel selfish. It was true that some things changed when you were in a relationship, you couldn't be mad at every detail that bothered you anymore. You had to have to bigger picture in mind always.

But ever since he had started dating the younger boy, he had never stopped treating him like a friend. He'd still throw fits and annoy Mingi for no reason other than he liked it. Mingi had been treating him like a lover and he treated him as a friend, and the two were very different.

It was a bit past midnight when he decided to head home, he bid goodbye to all of his friends and drove off. Hongjoong stood in front of the door for five minutes thinking about what was waiting for him behind it.

Eventually, he opened it and saw no one else was there. His heart tightened in his chest and he could feel his lips being pulled into a pout. In silence, he showered and got ready for bed.

He looked at the two beds that had been pushed into a single big one and sighed. He got into his own bed and checked his phone for messages from Mingi. When he saw the boy hadn't looked at his texts, he locked his phone and turned off the lights.