Blind (Ziall)

~Prologue

Emptiness.

Confusion.

Screaming.

Headaches.

Blurriness.

Darkness.

Here I lay, on the hospital bed feeling like that. I don't quite remember how it happened, or why I'm in the hospital. But according to Greg and my Mum, I had to pay for Greg's reckless behavior. Which ultimately cost me my vision.

I was studying for senior year final exams in my room, when Greg and his idiotic friends came over and ruined everything. Trying to find peace and quiet, I resort to the garage. Yes, the garage unfortunately. I was studying peacefully, until I heard snickering and a firecracker go off. Followed by erupting flames and a flash before my eyes. The flames were so immense they reached my eyes, and cost me my sight.

Greg rushed me out of there and got sent to jail after the whole incident. The joke was meant to be harmless and funny, apparently to Greg and his friends. However, the flaw cost me more than anything I could have ever imagined. Why couldn't I be deaf or something? Why did I have to pay for Greg's actions and stupidity?

Sigh.

I've been in the hospital for three weeks, learning the braille code and learning how to use the walking stick. My mum and Greg come visit me ever so often, usually breaking out into a fight. My mum told me I haven't cracked a smile or a laugh since I've been admitted to the hospital. But who can blame me? I've lost the most important sense that means the world to me! I've given up on shedding tears, that's all I've been doing for the past three weeks, sobbing and mourning. Begging for dear God to give me a second chance of vision.

I'm required to wear a tinted shade of glasses everyday, morning till night. Hiding my precious blue eyes, the best feature in my opinion that I had left. Now I must hide them. But that doesn't mean I'm not going to college, actually I'm lucky enough to get accepted to Sky Tech University. And I also graduated, since the graduation was a week before the flame. My teacher's excused me from my finals, since they found out about my condition.

The worst thing about high school was I had four bullies. Who are Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Louis Tomlinson, and Harry Styles. I was constantly bullied and harassed do to the fact that I was openly gay. I only had one friend, one friend who moved back to England for his studies. Ciel.. I live in Texas, and fortunately I won't be seeing my bullies in College, literally.

"How could you be so stupid Greg! How could you do this to my baby! How could you be so stupid!" A strong Irish accent entered the room, who I quickly remembered it as my Mum. I had to memorize everybody's voices who I interact with on a daily basis in order to tell apart family from friends. Well If I had any friends.

"I said I was sorry!" Greg's voice cracks, obviously crying.

"And do you think saying sorry is going to bring back his vision! He's blind Greg, BLIND!" My mum never fails to preach the truth. Even if the truth is painfully horrible to withstand.

"If you guys don't mind taking your argument outside, I dont' want to be reminded that I can't see anymore. I want to get out of here, I still need to memorize the halls of the university." I reminded my mum. Who quickly agreed and called in a nurse to get my release form.

"I'll need you to sign- Erm." The nurse cut off quickly, I sighed. Way to make me feel better, I gave her a sheepish smile, where ever she was... And told my brother Greg to go ahead and sign it for me.

We drove home, me ignoring the constant battles between my mum's screams and brother's tears. Honestly I don't know why he cries so much, I'll never be able to forgiven him and he knows it. Another thing about me being blind is being apathetic, I haven't had a sense of humor since that day. But I wasn't always like this, I laughed, cheered, smiled everyday of Senior year. Even with the amount of bullying I had.

Now my best friend seems to be a walking stick. Tap tap tap. That's the only sound I need to hear from here on out, and God knows when I'll be able to crack a smile. I just pray I won't see- hear my bullies in college. The last thing I need, is the element of surprise.

~

A/N: Yes!! So tell me what you guys think, your opinions matter to me! And by the way I won't start on this fanfic until I Am Cannibal is completed. So don't worry about me updating this anytime soon. Thank you, and I love you all. <333 xxx (Also the story will be short. From at least 10-20 Parts, and the amount of pages will change. Maybe two pages at most per part.)

~Mario Jr. x