Chapter 8

--

Zayn was driving to Niall's eye doctor, in order to gain Niall's trust back; he needed to fulfill his needs and wants. No matter how demeaning, or ridiculous they might be, he just needed to gain back Niall's friendship. He wouldn't hurt him, or let anybody hurt him for that matter. He couldn't remove the sobs and tears from his mind, how broken Niall looked. How vulnerable and weak he appeared, why did Zayn think for a second Niall would be okay walking by himself? He's blind, you idiot! 

And who's fault was it for Niall's blindness? Zayn's of course, was he ever going to tell Niall that it was his fault? Of course not, Zayn scoffed at the idea, why would he hurt Niall more than he already does now. If he ever told him the truth, Niall's heart would be completely broken forever. He practically took his happiness, how are you suppose to enjoy life now if you can't even see it? You can't, that's the obvious answer. 

Zayn got out of the car and quickly walked up to the eye clinic, he didn't want to waste anytime. Now that he remembered Niall was by himself, again. "Hello, I'm here to pick up another walking stick and glasses for Niall Horan? I called earlier." Zayn stated swiftly. The nurse had a shocked expression, she had never seen such a gorgeous looking boy walk into the clinic. Unfortunately for her, Zayn only had his eyes on a certain leprechaun. "Why of course, here it is." She went underneath her desk and pulled out a brand new walking stick and a pair of glasses for Niall. He thanked her genuinely and practically ran out of the place, not wanting to waste anymore time than he already has. 

I'm going to make everything better for you Niall. 

**

"Thank-thank you." Niall stuttered as he accepted the glasses and walking stick Zayn brought him. He was surprised- to say the least, that the older boy came back in such a hurry. But Niall would not show him sympathy, if Zayn was to achieve his friendship, he needed to do a lot more than just picking up his belongings. 

"What do you want to do now?" Zayn asked cautiously, hoping Niall wouldn't request something absurd or unnatural. 

"Get out." Niall said coldly and laid back down into his pillow. He honestly didn't want to see- hear Zayn right now. He still needed more time to cool down, and get over the fact that his ass got kicked less than an hour ago. "No." Zayn replied back sternly, sitting down next to Niall's fragile body. Niall childishly kicked Zayn in the stomach, trying to shove him off the bed. He didn't want Zayn anywhere near him, who the hell does he think he is? Niall is starting to remember the old Zayn from back in High School, the no good heart breaker. The fake friendship, the leaked truths, a betrayal Niall never wants to relive again. 

"Bitch." Niall whispered to himself.

Zayn moved uncomfortably on the bed, trying to think of a conversation starter. Hi? No that's stupid, how about how are you feeling? .... He just got hurt Zayn, yeah let's ask him that why don't you! What about... Oh the supposed "Liam" kiss!? Yeah.... yeah that'll do. After some time of contemplation and preparing himself for the worst Zayn finally manned up and asked, "Is-Is it true that you and Li-Liam k-k-kissed?" The older boy cringed at the imagination of Liam kissing Zayn, those lips belonged to Zayn! Woah Zayn, he doesn't even know you like him; calm down. 

"N-No." Niall stammered. Damn it! Liam had told Zayn? The one he didn't want to know in the first place! He knew he couldn't trust Liam, now Zayn is probably raging with jealously. Which necessarily might not be a bad thing. 

"Don't lie to me Niall." The tanned boy warned his snowflake. He knew when Niall was telling a lie, he usually always stutters, which is good for Zayn. It's easier for him to differentiate the lies and truths between Niall. He could basically use that to his advantage in the near future, you devious Zayn you.