CH2: Unveiling The Truth

They both ended up in a public computer lounge. Paid the person who managed the place before they settled on one at the far corner. There, Xyrene grabbed her little journal. Flipped to the page where she wrote all the numbers she collected back in the abandoned building where she met Rafael.

"Now that we have that, go ahead and search for that website," Xyrene says as she looks at Rafael. "I have the code. I'll dictate them to you, so you just type them down. Alright?"

"Got ya." Rafael replies, it took him a while to find the website. Well, it was a website that's not open to the public. He kept the conversation going to kill the awkward silence, then a giggle escaped his lips the moment he found it. "I found the website, now go on. Dictate the codes we got. I'll type them down."

"201821208."

And so Rafael typed them down. It took a while for it to load, which tested the patience of both parties. "You know what? This-- it's so nakakainis." Rafael says. "It's so bagal! What wifi provider is this? PLDT?"

Xyrene shook her head, a puff escaping her lips as she waited for the website to load. It took them around three minutes to wait, and their eyes widened at the amount of evidence they found. "Whoa look at all that!" Xyrene snatched the mouse away from him, scrolling down the whole page and a huge feeling of excitement filled her guts.

They took their time to read, to check out every single evidence that the website had against the mayor. None of them were that interesting, not until something caught Rafael's eye. "Hey hey hey, click that one." he says. "Click that one. The one that says (insert random title of that article lol)."

"Sure." Xyrene clicked the article then. Gave Rafael the mouse for him to scroll down the whole article for them. She read it with him of course, and there she takes a deep breath. So the mayor did everything by himself after all. He hid all the facts, hid it in this very website, and published all those fake news by himself. Just how horrible was this man?

"Gosh he's so messed up." A frown formed on Rafael's face. "You read all that right? You read his own name in that article right? Right?! Tell me you read that too, Xyrene. Tell me you did." he sat up the chair, frantically paced back and forth as he waited for her response.

"You know what? We're definitely going to use this to expose him." Xyrene says. "ALL of these. Everyone needs to know about him. They need to know every single detail about his past." grabbed all the information that website had.

And it so happened that the mayor planned an event the next few days for citizens to enjoy and have fun, without having to worry about anything else. It was the perfect time for her to expose de la Corte, Xyrene thought. She readied everything she had, especially that video she and Rafael made that consisted of all the evidence they compiled against the mayor. All she needed to do was a plan.

"Why don't we... you know? Save that video we just made sa USB and then on the day before mayor de la Corter does his speech, we sabotage his presentation and then switch it to our video nalang?" Rafael asks. "That sounds good ba?"

Xyrene gave it a thought. She liked the idea. "Oh I love that." She says. "Pero we're gonna have to be sneaky. We wouldn't want to get caught now do we?"

"Yeah, don't worry." Rafael gave her a thumbs up. "Don't worry, we won't get caught. Trust me."

"You said that." Xyrene replies. "If we do, then don't put the blame on me."