28

⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。third person ˚ ☁︎ ˚

eight months had passed since that incident. seokhoon and seokkyung had saved their mother, who was trapped in the basement of a cabin along with alex.

baekhyun and sehun rescued logan on the first floor. joo dantae was badly injured, but nonetheless sehun's men took control of the situation and managed throw him into jail after hospitalization.

rona and her mother finally reunited, now that joo dantae was revealed to be min seola's true killer. oh yoonhee was very surprised to see little naeun when rona went to pick her up.

but someone's missing...

she was gone now. although she wasn't physically there, there were still traces of her around. the laundry that she said she would do when she got home. the amusement park trip that they were supposed to go to together. the dinner date they planned. and, the promise she made to him.

when she was alive, she talked about how worthless and pathetic she was, but that wasn't the case at all. what she failed to see, was the impact she had on those around her. for someone that called themselves mediocre and boring, she was the opposite of that. she viewed herself selfish and inconsiderate, but the worst trait she had was not seeing the good in her. the joy that she brought to others, but the only thing she would have seen now, was the tears that people shed for her.

her parents, and especially her mother, felt deep remorse. mrs. choi didn't appreciate the loving daughter that she had, until she was left with nothing but mere memories of her daughter.

she'd spent hours in her daughter's room crying and bawling her eyes out. her two other children took the news so badly, neither of them went to school for a week.

she wanted to take back every single insult, and harsh word she had ever said to her daughter. but even if she begged for forgiveness for the rest of her life, nothing could bring her back now.

people don't ever appreciate what they have until it's gone forever, don't they?

seokkyung wanted the chance to tell her how grateful she was, but the opportunity had long slipped out of her hands.

daehyun was devastated that he lost his best friend like that. although she stopped attending cheongah long ago, he'd stop by her old locker and leave little gifts inside. chocolate and sweets with notes that read, 'i miss you. i hope you're doing well,' knowing that she'd never get the chance to read it.

shim suryeon now has full control over joo dantae's penthouse and the company, she and her kids are doing well now.

secretary hong missed her too. to him, she was like his oldest daughter that gave him headaches but was a pleasure to be around. it felt as if she were his own kid.

alex felt immense guilt. although their fights weren't serious, he had to admit that sometimes his insults were overboard. he often walked past her room and could have swore he had heard her voice inside, but he found nothing but an untouched room each time.

but the one who felt the greatest pain of her passing, was logan lee. the excruciating pain of going through his day without her and having to be reminded of her every second, was living hell.

there was no one laying next to him in ridiculous doraemon pajamas when he woke up in the morning. even when he tried convincing himself that it was a dream and that she was somewhere in the penthouse, or at school, she was nowhere to be found. he spent day and night, searching every crook and cranny for her, but he always ended up with the same results. he resented himself for not being able to protect her. along with daehyun's family full of lawyers, they sued the hell out of joo dantae before throwing him into jail.