Just a little bit About

Where did De Graaf Stables come from : DGS is founded in the nederlands in the year 1994 . it started off as a small 6 horse stable with tons of property and a small house .

What does De Graaf Stables mean : De Graaf Stables De Graaf is the last name of the owner and Stables was just added .

Who founded the stables : it was the father of the family . he bought the stable and gave it his last name .

Who owns the barn now : the daughter Tatjana de Graaf . she got it when she was 18

DGS started off as stall with place for 6 horses . and each field around the barn could have 8 to 10 horses in it . so it was only natural that the fields got switches off for the horses to be in .

When Tatjana got the stables at her 18th birthday she decided to use the barn more for sports and not much for lazy not doing anything horses . she did not tell the people who rented a stall to leave she simply did not extent them renting a stall and did not agree with them adding an other horse tot he stall if they sold one .

The first horse to the stall that Tatjana owned was the beautiful Paint mare Calisto . the mare came in as an obesed mare her previous owners couldn't ride her anymore but didn't cut back her feed . only 9 months later a little colt was born . he passed away in the first 3 hours of being on this globe .

The mare didn't accept any foster foals so with help of the vet they were able to get the mare through the lost of her baby.

As years pass the mare became a beautiful dressage mare but after a few years of doing dressage she got a injury who took her out the sport . only then Tatjana had the choice to breed an other foal out the mare and put her in the field and use as brood mare or wait few years and look back to see how the injury was doing with the change that the mare would never be in the sport again and probably would be depressed and slowly pass .

So Tatjana decided to breed an other foal who was sold not because she didn't want the beautiful filly but because then some bills came up that couldn't be payed from the money she had saved .

The mare eventually passed and Tatjana was able to get a bigger property for an very inexpensive price . the barn and house needed much work but with no horses around and just her the bills weren't to high . so every single piece of money went in to the barn .

Now in 2021 the barn is located on a huge ground and has several field around it bought .

The barn is located in the north of the netherlands . with in 2 hours you have lavender fields and endless sand paths to race over . and with in 5 minutes you are close to a little human made lake where you can swim with your horses and dogs .