Chapter Twelve

Josh's P.O.V

I was sitting at a pub gulping down some shots and thinking about how Chloe dumped me last night. Oh wait,she didn't dump me,she said she was busy. But still,when I asked her 'would you like to hang out with me' and she said 'No' it felt like she doesn't want me around her.

"Pleaseeeeeee, just one more shot." I was disrupted from the conversation I was having with my inner self by a lady who was literally begging the bartender for more shots.

"I'm sorry but I can't give you more drinks. You are already drunk." the bartender informed her

"Hey,I'm not drunk,I just inebriated or you can say not sober." She retorted in her drunken voice

I turn my head to find the source of the voice. The lady was sitting on a stool at the counter while her back was facing me. She was wearing a blue dress and her hair in a bun with curly ends.

"I want more" she pleaded

"I can't" the bartender said

She jumped down from the stool and climbed onto the counter. What is she thinking! She's going to fall!

"I will not come down until you give me more shots." She said in a little harsh tone

All eyes were on her as she was dancing on the counter. She was now on the edge and she almost slipped,but luckily I was just in time to catch her. Her hair fell across her face which made her seem familiar to to me. I swept her hair from her face and then I realized it was Chloe. Her eyes were red like blood and mascara and other makeups smudged her face. And the scent from her mouth screamed 'alcohol'.
What was she doing here? Was she crying? Why is she so drunk?

"Let go of me!" She said pushing me away as far as she can

"What are you doing here? Are you a stalker?" She continued

"That question should be reversed to you. Tell me what are you doing here and why are you so drunk?" I asked finally bringing my questions to life

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, so now you want to control my movements? Nice. Who the hell are you to me? You are not my mother,father or boyfriend.
Though neither of them ever cared for me. So you are you to tell me whether I should get drunk or not?" She asked and I could see droplets of tears flowing down her cheeks.

"Believe it or not,I do care for you Chloe." I informed her

"I don't. Now get out of her!" She retorted

"Give me more shots." She ordered the bartender

"Forget it,I will take care of her." I told him and dashed some cash just enough to pay the bills for us. God knows how she drank

"Leave me,I'm not going anywhere with!" She ordered angrily

"You don't have a choice." I threw her on my shoulder, grabbed her purse and left through the door

She was banging hard on my back with her fists and screaming 'let me go'.

I let her down,open the passenger's door and usher her in. She looked at me with angry eyes for a split second and slammed the door shut.

"I said I'm not going anywhere with you. You are not the boss of me."She said and started walking away

I grabbed her right arm,pull her to the car and caged her between my arms.

" Just a friendly reminder,I am the boss of you. I said

"Boss indeed. The so-called boss who is hitting on his employee! Hey listen,let me make this plain and simple. I DO NOT LOVE YOU." She retorted in her drunken voice

"Boss of my work life? Yes. But not the boss of my personal life and you will never be." She retorted again and pushed me away again

"Why are you being so difficult?" I asked in a little high pitched and irritated voice

"I know I am being difficult so what the hell are you still doing here. Just leave already. I know I can be a nice girl,just don't push the bitch button." She said the last sentence calmly

I was really shocked by all her words. I don't really know what she is going through but it seems a little too much. Suddenly,the rain started pouring down on us and in less than a split second she broke down to tears. I pulled her into a tight hug while patting her back.

"It's okay. Come me drop you home. I whispered

" No,not yet" She said pulling away

"What more do you want? Please, you're already drenched. Let's go else you will catch a cold." I pleaded

"On one condition." She said lifting one finger in the air

"What is it?" I asked sighing but relieved

"I want one last shot."

My mouth hung in shocked. How can someone drink so much. I am sure she has passed her alcohol limit but she refuses to stop. I agreed because that would be the only way to get her out of this rain. We went back to the pub and she had what she wanted. I have literary carry her back to the car and slipped her in.
I took my side of the car and buckled both of our seatbelts.

"Wait" She said stopping me from driving

"What's happened" I enquired. She held her left hand over her mouth.

"I think I'm about to....to....pu–." She was saying before she vomited all over me, my car, and herself.
I knew I shouldn't have given her that last drink.
She just sat there sheepishly and then drifted off to sleep before I could even start driving.

Ewww,disgusting. Now I'm a total alcoholic mess.
I don't think I should leave her at her house alone. I know it is not right to take her to my house but I have no choice now.

***************

She woke up just before I could park the car. I helped her out of the car after I parked properly.

"Wait,I think I have to puke." She said but left me no time to take precautions. She vomited on me once again. "Shit,I would really appreciate it if you tell me before hand." I said to myself because this was not the right time to say this to her. Her mood swings are very rapid.

I picked her in my arms and carried her inside.

"You can use the bathroom in my room. It's the second door upstairs." I let her down and directed her but she started going towards the kitchen and opened the fridge. I bet she even know where she is.
I gasped at the sight of her gulping down a bottle of alcohol. What! Seriously! I ran towards her pulled the bottle out of her hand.

"Enough alcohol for one night." I said and lifted her once again and took her to my room.

"Go and take a bath." I told her and to my utmost surprise,she obeyed.

By the time I got back to my room she was lying on the bed in one of my sweatshirts and jeans. I pulled the blanket over her and left the room to sleep in the guestroom. I have never imagine the day I would sleep in the guestroom of my own house but this stubborn girl made it possible.

I shut the door and exited the room.

Don't have much to say so just vote and comment:)
IG@desire.saygarn