Chapter 10

"Atlanta is wonderful, Beth," Claire gushed, sipping a decaf latte as she made her way through the busy streets. Today was her doctor's appointment and luckily for her, Tom was at the shoot today and she had a few hours to spare. "I'll bring you back a souvenir as soon as I get back." She ended the phone call as she reached and entered the doctor's office. Claire went to the physician's assistant, who led her to a room. As she waited, she grabbed one of the notebooks and read it, not really paying attention to the text.
"Miss Serveas, I'm glad to see you," the doctor greeted her.
"Likewise."
"Shall we begin?" -She nodded in agreement- "Good, you might want to lie down on the couch so we can do an ultrasound." Claire lay down on it and pulled up her shirt. She winced a little as the cool gel touched her abdomen. As an image appeared on the monitor, the doctor began to explain, pointing to a tiny dot. That was her baby. It was Tom's. The doctor printed out a picture for her and talked to her a little more before she left. She put the picture in her jacket pocket and called for a cab and drove to Tom's location. She got past security without any problems, since it wasn't her first time there, and stopped a little farther away so she wouldn't distract Tom. Finally they finished and he caught sight of her; he came up to her and caught her in his arms.
"You look pretty good in the loco suit."
"I do?" -She nods- "I'm glad you could make it," he said, kissing her gently before taking her hand in his and pulling her toward the dressing rooms. He pushed her against the door as he kissed her passionately. Tom let her jacket slide carelessly from her shoulders to the floor. She could feel his erection pressing against her and moaned. They were interrupted when there was a knock at his door.
"We'll resume shooting in five minutes," an assistant informed them and left. He rested his head on her chest and moaned in annoyance. She stood back on the floor and kissed him briefly on his lips.
"We'll do it again later; I want to watch." She smiled and lifted her jacket, walking over to the sofa to lay it on top.
"You're pregnant?" he asked softly. She turned to him and saw her ultrasound picture in his hand. It had fallen out of her jacket pocket.
"Tom-" -she interrupted herself and looked at the floor. It was useless to lie-"Yes, I'm pregnant. It was just confirmed today that I'm really pregnant."
"So you knew already?" he asked, looking at her. "Since when?"
"I...I found out last month when I went to the doctor because I was feeling bad." She still didn't look at him.
"Why didn't you tell me about it?" he asked, but she didn't answer him. "Would you have told me about it at all?" -She continued to be silent as he ran a hand over his face-"Would you have told me about the baby, Claire?"
She shrugged her shoulders. "I don't know," she said softly as she tried to blink away her tears.
"Is it even my child? Or did you sleep with another man while we were together? Is that why you didn't want to tell me?" he asked angrily and her heart broke at his words; he seemed to realize what he just said and took a step towards her. "Claire-" she slapped him across the face with the flat of her hand before grabbing her jacket and walking past him and he gently grabbed her arm to stop her
"Let me go Tom" she said looking at him. Tom could see the pain in her eyes.
"I'm sorry," he apologized softly as she stopped squirming in his grip; he opened his mouth to speak as the door opened.
"Tom?" asked Luke, stepping inside. Tom finally let Claire go and took a deep breath as he watched her leave the room before looking at the picture in his hands. "What's wrong?" He hated Luke's inappropriate timing....