Demon Eyes

(One Week Later)

It had been a week since Y/n met Cinder and her group and had set up his meeting with Sienna. During this time, he continued his killings within Vale, from targeting stores to houses.

It wouldn't be long before he had to branch out of Vale and start attacking the other nations of the world. He needed to show them that they wouldn't be spared from him, and he would sadly have to attack Mergerie as well, as to not throw suspicion onto them for not being attacked.

He would do that after explaining it all to Sienna, and he was dreading for the day to come knowing that she was cursing his name and was eagerly waiting for him to appear at their meeting spot.

His friends had noticed his dread. They asked him if he was feeling good, but Y/n lied, saying he was perfectly fine.

They knew he was lying. He looked very stressed, and his team learned that he hadn't been sleeping, which went against what he always did, but kept it to themselves.

Y/N's team assumed that he was stressed from the assignments they were all being given. However, they also knew that he was the first to get them done once he was in the dorm, so that theory was out the window.

Currently, Y/n was walking to combat class. It was clear he was tired, but he continued walking until he reached the seating area. He felt like passing out, sleeping from now until death, but he knew he couldn't, not unless he wanted to continue having nightmares.

He took his seat, yawning loudly as he could as some students gave him a look of disgust as he returned that with a glare. Lack of sleep affected his attitude greatly. Some days he was cold; other days, much like now, he was very irritable.

"What? Never seen a tired person before?" Y/n snapped at them as they flinched and shook their heads. Luckily for them, Blake walked in and managed to calm him down as he yawned once more.

"Y/n I'm starting to get worried. You always sleep and you haven't been doing so for the past few weeks. Even Cardin and Russel are worried, and I think that says something." Blake explained just as the rest of their friends sat around them. They all were quiet but listened to the conversation, knowing what it was about.

"Trust me, I'm fine." Y/n lied once more, but even he knew it was a horrible lie. Before they could say anything else, their teacher, Glynda Goodwitch, walked into the center of the arena.

"Hello students! In just a few more weeks the Vytal Festival will be held. As such, we will be training to show just how strong the students at Beacon Academy are." Glynda explained as everyone was eagerly paying attention, with Y/n trying to stay awake. Glynda noticed this and internally sighed. She assumed that he was preparing for a nap, so she called on him.

"Mr.L/N!" Glynda shouted as Y/n almost fell asleep if she hadn't yelled. "Seeing as you are ready for a nap perhaps you can be the first one for a sparring session." Her tone told that he didn't have a choice as Y/n groaned in annoyance as he stood up and made his way to the arena. His friends and girlfriend watched in worry, knowing that his drowsiness was catching up with him.

"Your opponent shall be...Miss Rose." Glynda announced as Ruby tried to get out of fighting him, but the glare that her teacher sent her told her to get to the arena.

Leaving rose petals behind, Ruby sped to the locker room and out to the arena as Y/n slowly made his way out. He rubbed his eyes before gripping his sword as Ruby held her scythe.

Glynda had removed herself from the arena and was in her own area. The lights had dimmed slightly as Y/n drew Kusanagi while Ruby gulped as she was afraid for Y/N's safety.