Killing Fall

(With Y/n)

Y/n calmly walked through the outskirts of Vale. He found himself annoyed that he hadn't found Amber yet. He understood it was a large land to search, but he felt he should've crossed paths with her long ago.

Not only that, but he got the feeling he was being watched. Somehow, he knew that it was Orochimaru keeping tabs on him. And yet, at the same time, it could've been someone else.

He chose to ignore it and kept his steady pace. He would find a town or a village where he would rest, gather information and keep moving. Although, he didn't know if the places here had heard of him, seeing as bandits controlled most of these lands.

Speaking of scrolls. Y/n had pulled out the parchment that Orochimaru had given him and read the small list of things he needed to do before he killed Amber.

1. Take at least Five blood samples from her. If possible, bring back either the Femur or Tibia bone.

2. Make sure that she doesn't escape. Should she contact Ozpin, that places you and me under a massive target.

3. interrogate her on the vault's location before she is killed. I don't care about your methods. I want that information along with anything on the other Maidens.

4. When you encounter her, do not underestimate her. If you do, I guarantee that she will kill you. Either that, or she'll contact Ozpin, and then you'll be sent to Atlas and never see the light of day again.

5. Finally, when she is about to die, show her a picture of Emerald Sustrai and say her name. Then call her and tell her to wait for you at the docks, for I will also be there.

Y/n finished reading the list as he sighed. He knew Orochimaru had his quirks, but he had no idea how the man wanted him to remove and transport the girl's Femur or Tibia bone. What was even stranger was that he called her a Maiden, most likely referring to the fairy tale about the seasons.

Not only that, but he wanted him to show her a picture of Emerald and tell Amber her name. Y/n honestly had no idea what Orochimaru had in store, but he figured that in time he would learn.

He continued walking when he noticed a hooded woman on a horse. He couldn't see what she looked like due to the green cloak as it covered her eyes and a part of her face. However, he did see her attire.

The green cloak was on top of an off-white blouse with frill detailing on the shoulders pleated lower half with a central split, alongside a brown vest that had three straps and golden lining around the collar. She also a dark brown corset with matching pants, as well as a pair of brown thigh-high boots with large cuffs and golden armor plating covering the boots up to her knees.

She also had an amber pendant on her vest, a gold bracer on her left arm, and two gold bracelets on her right wrist. Finally, she had a golden spaulder on her right shoulder as well as a brown shoulder strap with some pouches slung diagonally across her body.

As good of a description, as this was, Y/n couldn't see her face. He could assume that this girl was Amber, and from what he could recall from the picture he was given, the girl practically matched it.

However, he decided that he would try and look at her face. He kept walking until he walked by the horse she was on, and his eye snapped to the side to look her at.

Her face matched the picture.

He kept walking until he stopped. As fate would have it, Amber stopped as well. Y/n could only assume that Amber recognized his attire and knew who he was and decided to confront him.