n i n e

Things were the same - yet so different.

Minus Amberly's parents, Camila was still the only one who knew about Amberly's sexuality - and vice versa. It was a sort of uneasy peace.

Sam... well, it was hard to stay mad at him for very long. He looked so genuinely happy when Aayush was near, it made Amberly want to pinch his cheeks.

Camila seemed indifferent, but Amberly could tell she was hurting. She found her in the girls's room, sobbing, and she'd be lying if she said that she didn't feel a prick of jealousy over the fact that Camila was still so hung up over Sam.

All in all, they had a new addition to their group. Aayush seemed nervous at first, but soon enough, he was a part of their easy banter.

Amberly caught him profusely apologizing to Camila outside school one morning. Feeling like an intruder, Amberly stepped away, ignoring the small, treacherous part of her egging her on to stay and listen.

At lunch, Camila and Aayush had a sudden easy chemistry that unnerved Sam and compelled Amberly to reach out and squeeze her - friend's? crush's? - hand. Camila grinned at her, and Amberly felt like she was on top of the world.

shit next chappie is the last one and i'd be lying if i said i wasn't sad 😭❤️