Chapter II - Give Me A Hand

Rody leans against the railings planted on the platform, propped on one elbow while he keeps his hold on the briefcase. He sees (Y/n) going right up to him and turns his head away to avoid eye contact. "Why exactly did you chase me down?"

"Because you were running away from me." (Y/n) remarks, walking over to where he looking. "Mind telling me why?"

"I have work to do, so I was in a hurry." Rody turns his head to the opposite side, eyes closed.

"What kind of work?" (Y/n) repeats her movements, persisting on making eye contact with the suspected culprit.

"I move money around, you know what I mean?" Rody smirks, gesturing the high collar of his trench coat, followed by the briefcase. "May not look like it, but I'm a skilled negotiator." He leans in his head slightly. "So just step aside and let me do my business, flower girl." He pats one of her shoulders and casually walks pass her. "Okay? Thanks."

(Y/n) irks. "If you are what you say, then show me what's in the case." She crosses her arms. "After that, you can go on ahead and do whatever the hell you plan on doing, skilled negotiator."

Rody stops walking, his back facing (Y/n). "You're a foreigner, aren't you?"

(Y/n)'s eyes widens. She hadn't anticipated a civilian such as himself to make a discovery in very little time.

Rody tilts his head over his shoulder. "If I recall, foreigner heroes aren't allowed to go on and about when it comes to resolving crimes without permission. It says so in the laws, does it not?" He taunts the girl that stands before him. "I can only imagine what your superiors would say if you wrongfully accused and harassed a poor civilian such as myself." He closes in the distance and cups one of (Y/n)'s cheek, eyes narrowed. "So if I were you, I'd just stay put right here and pretend that all of this didn't happen, okay? Hero."

(Y/n) wanted to protest so badly, but she was fully aware that he was right. Stopping villains that had committed wrong doings was one thing, but accusing a civilian as a suspect for a crime was another. She didn't have the authority. Outside of her country, her provisional liscene was useless.

Rody hums in content, removing his hand from her cheek. "Then, I'll be heading out now." He gives a weak wave and walks ahead. "See you."

(Y/n) instinctively runs towards him. "WAIT!" She steals the briefcase from Rody. "Just let me see what's inside!" The boy tugs it right back, but (Y/n) does the same. Eventually, it becomes a tug of war between the item, both of their hands on the handle as they pull it at opposite directions.

The combined force between the two overwhelms the briefcase, but they stand their ground until either one could retrieve the item. It wasn't until the briefcase suddenly flies backwards.

The briefcase falls on the floor, a yard away from the two that were already running towards it while shoving one another. But when they reach to the item, they see that inside were notebooks and ordinary essentials you'd bring to travel. Nothing unusual.

The two react with deadpanned looks; Both (Y/n) and Rody had assumed that it would have the stolen jewels.

(Y/n) had then concluded that Rody was not a suspect and helped him seal up the briefcase before going on her knees to bow. "I'm so, so sorry!" She doesn't notice the startled look on the boy's face. "I should have believed you at the very start, but I jumped into drastic conclusions too soon!"

Rody was contemplating his current circumstances, but plays it off with a strained smile. "I-It's fine." He clutches the briefcase close to his chest. "You were just doing your job. Just, make sure it doesn't happen again, okay?" He laughs dryly. "Otherwise, you'd make yourself out to be more of an idiot than you already are." He avoids eye contact the entire time.