Chapter 1: Re-start

Serenity woke up with a start. Her back drenching cold sweat as she alertly look around.

T-this!

It was familiar at the same time also unfamiliar.

She's currently in her room. Clean and bright bedroom. Unlike the small and delapidated house in the base she was in when the apocalypse begun.

She hurriedly stood up and swipe her curtain open. The sky is bright blue, the sun is shining  brightly, and there are no zombies roaming the streets.

It was certainly no dream.

She holds her forehead as her eyes shone with determination.

Was she possibly reborn?

She looks at the wall where the calendar is supposed to be.

November 14, 2022. From what she remembered, there is still three months to go until the apocalypse begin.

She had to prepare everything but first, she sit up in cross-legged, close her eyes and inhaled softly.

She can feel that her awakened abilities are still there and also, the ability she awakened after dying.

Space! While being eaten alive, the only wish she had was to escape from a safe place. In her desperation. She awakened this space. A space where she could live safely.

She was already heaven defying when the apocalypse begun. She awakened the ability of telekinesis. At first the people around her was dependent on her but when she became strong and also awakened the ability of ice and light, her bestfriend and her so called sister schemed against her.

They drugged her on her birthday and feed her to higher grade zombies. She could still remember the pain whenever a zombie tear her skin and her organs being eaten while she was alive.

And also those family she trusted so much just watch on without any shred of emotions while she was being carried away. That was the family she had been enslaved with. She serve them with all her heart but she was instead betrayed by the people she loved.

Envy and greed can really bring downfall to people.

She opened her eyes and stared at the flat land surrounding her.

This should be the new space ability she got.

She could see that there's no end to this space, it seems like a new world. There's an endless fountain of clean spring water in the middle and there's also a huge clear lake, she could cultivate water creatures so she can eat seafood in the future. The aura in this space is also denser, which could help her cultivate her awakened abilities. The only downside is that, her abilities downgraded to grade one once again.

But this could also be her Re-start!

The beginning of her new adventure.

She then walk out of the space and stood up.

Even if she hated this family. At the very least they are extremely rich.

She smirk as she took out her bankbook.

There's at least a hundred million USD. Hah.

'I'm glad that I'm thrifty and not a wastrel at this time.' All the money here are the money she had painstakingly kept because she wanted to be independent.

This house, which had become her dark world had changed the moment her mother died. This isn't her world anymore.

She then change her clothes and decisively walk out to go shopping.

She first rented a small apartment for three months until the apocalypse begin. She also sold all her assets, from the company left by her mother to the houses she had left for her, she gain at least a billion USD. She had hidden from her relatives, especially her scum of a father. One must know, they still been keeping her so that they could take away all the inheritance her mother left for her.

She then went to different supermarkets, malls and farms to buy every necessities she needed.

The most important is food. Because she had the ability of space, she created a space inventory warehouse inside her space with time preservations so that food won't ever spoil.

She also bought medicines and live animals. She build a small villa-like house to send it inside her space. A two story house with at least three bedrooms, a bathroom in each room, a huge kitchen, a living room and a studio to cultivate.

She also bought solar generators in case of emergencies.

There are also clothes, female necessities for hygienes especially pads.

And most of all, weapons, she went to black market to buy guns and huge knives. It isn't much but it can help to keep a low profile. She doesn't need everyone to know that she has awakened abilities. She had to wait until it won't be to rare anymore to use her abilities.

She also bought different kinds of transportations like trucks, sports car, two wheels, and especially a sturdy 7-sitter car. Of course, she didn't forget gasoline. She also bought different kinds of seeds, from vegetables to fruits and also herbs, to cultivate.

In those three months, she stayed inside the space to create her own little farm and notice that the time ratio inside the space and outside was 7:1. A week inside the space is equivalent to one day outside.

The moment the small villa was finished she then put it inside her space. There are different kinds of animals roaming around her farm, her lake is filled with all kinds of ocean creatures. Her plot of lands are filled with different kinds of fruit trees she had dug out and planted. There are also vegetables and herbs. Her space inventory-like warehouse are filled with food, clothes, medicine, and other necessities.

Then three months passed by in a flash. She smiled as a cold glint flash her eyes.

'Everything is ready!'

She look outside her windows rented apartment and waited.

The sun suddenly dimmed as the surroundings slightly darken. Seven bright moons in rainbow color surrounded the dimming sun and the ground shook lightly.

Some people outside fainted and others became sick. She didn't know how others were infected at first but she was able to smell a weird fragrance permeating in the air. A fragrance that she had never have smelled.

So there is really a mastermind behind everything that happened.

She inhaled softly and slept for a day to re-energized.

She could hear groans and growling outside but she slept inside her room peacefully.

Tomorrow will be her Re-start!

---

Continue?