Chapter 4: Encounter

Serenity really isn't a saint but if she is able to save a good person as much as possible, she wouldn't regret it.

After separating from the others, she then approach the place where the gunshots was. She saw a group of men in black suits who was being chased by a herd of zombies.

She hesitated. 'This group of people look like bad people though.'

She was about to ignore them when she noticed one of the of the people. Another familiar looking one.

His presence in the midst of chaos couldn't be neglected. His noble aura stood out even to extraordinary people. His calm and cold handsome face didn't give off any emotion even on the verge of death. He was called the Death Reaper, someone you shouldn't offend no matter what.

He was someone she was familiar with but he didn't know who she was.

The Shadow Lord, Arthur Sinclair.

In her previous life, there were rumors going around that said that he was someone from the mafia who dominated most of the Mafia World. He built an impregnable base in the new era to come and have powerful people by his sides. He was a dangerous person.

Serenity halted on her steps not because he was dangerous but because she knows this person, even if the others said he was a bad person she wouldn't believe them, that was because, in her previous life when one of the bases was attack, she coincidentally met him, more like he save her. She knows that it wasn't her he was saving though, it was the little girl unfamiliar to him which I was saving but still this man saved her indirectly and that prove that his heart isn't completely dark.

She then took out her 7-sitter car without hesitation and driven it towards them.

---

Arthur furrowed his brows as he glance at the herd of zombies chasing after them. There are at least a thousand of zombies in them, because they were a little slow, they were still able to keep up but if this goes on they would be in trouble.

"That goddamn traitor! How dare he talk like we are brothers when he took the car by himself!" Growled Argen in anger as he tightly held his sick brother, Elliot, on his back.

"Stop talking about it anymore, even boss was left behind. We could just take his head when we met him again." Liam, who was always calm and collected, was trembling in anger but he held it in 'cause he knows it isn't the time for it.

"It wasn't that he took the car even if the boss was there, it was because the boss wasn't there that he was able to take the car." Troy, who run with an an aloof face, protested in an emotionless voice.

"That isn't the point, you wooden face!" Liam rolled his eyes at him.

Suddenly, a car screeching halted in front of them, then the window rolled down revealing a pretty boy in the driver seat.

"Get on."

They didn't hesitate any longer and opened the car door.

"Fuck. Finally, we're able rest." Argen said as he carefully laid Elliot at the very back. Liam and troy sat together while Arthur sat at the front passenger seat.

Serenity took a glance at the sick man on her rear view mirror. This man is infected but if he was able to take this he could probably awakened his ability.

Arthur gave her a glance which, even with her being a grade 3 human, he was able to pressure her with a single glance. How strong was this guy? She heard that his awakened ability was Shadow Aura but others also said that he was a multiple ability user but still, it doesn't look like he had already awakened his ability but he could still pressure her. Is this because he was an experienced master? Wait, that's not it, she had already live for at least 10 more years in the apocalypse than these kids, why is it that she wasn't able to gain more momentum than him. She was slightly saddened by this fact.

"I will handle Elliot." It wasn't a suggestion but a commandment. Arthur is the type of person that doesn't want other people to bother him. So after that, he ignored everyone and look outside the car window.

Serenity gave him a glance and nodded her head. Elliot must be the infected.

"If he was able to handle himself well, then he might be able to get an ability." She stated making all the men look at her with a startled look.

"Kid, do you still think like an 8th grader who uses superpowers?" Argen laughed loudly. Liam was trying hard not to hurt the kid as he was their benefactor.

Serenity furrowed her brows and raises a finger. A small round ball made of ice formed in the air, she then threw it in Argen's face.

"FUCK!? What the heck was that?" Argen scream as he narrowedly avoided the ice ball. The ice ball then made a crackling sound as it crumbled down on his seat.

They all gave a startled look.

"There are really superpowers in this world?" Liam asked in amazement.

"The people who can overcome the virus after being infected are capable of wielding this abilities." Serenity answered. She knows that there are people who couldn't be trusted but she knows that these kinds of people, after they were grateful at you they wouldn't forget to repay you.

"You were infected once?" Arthur who usually doesn't like to talk, asked.

"Not bitten but everyone must have been able to inhale it." She said as her eyes doesn't stray from the road. "There was a strange scent when the seven moons appeared out of nowhere so there's a possibility that someone spread the chemicals when the apocalypse began. There are people with weak bodies that were infected and become zombies, others who aren't really infected and was able to overcome it and awakened an ability, while most had immunity to it and nothing happened to them." She continued while looking at them in her pheriperal vision.

They all had a complicated look but didn't say anything. Even the noisy Argen turned silent.

"Then, is there a possibility that I would also gain one?" Argen broke the silence.

Serenity stared at him in the rearview mirrow making him sat uncomfortably in his seat.

"There's a possibility. I'm not too sure myself."

Arthur closes his eyes and leaned back on his seat.

Suddenly there was a dark mist spreading in his body making Serenity startle in her seat.

Whoa there, you pervert! I just said that and here you are getting an ability suddenly? Fuck!? Where's that justice? How unfair this world towards geniuses!? Even she was able to awakened her ability two months after the apocalypse began. She really doubted herself if she was the main protagonist or this guy is.

"What's happening?" Liam suddenly scooted away from the incoming mist while Troy became alert. Argen who was at the back with Elliot widen his eyes.

"He is currently awakening his ability." Serenity said giving Arthur a complicated look. She sighed and shook her head. The world really is biased to us commoners.

The black mist then entered his body and Arthur suddenly opened his eyes.

"How is it?" Serenity asked curiously.

Arthur didn't bother replying with words and just showed it to them. The surrounding shadows move as he raise his hand. The shadows twirled in his hand reshaping to something he willed. From a ball to different kinds of shapes.

He even got the hang of it all of a sudden!? Serenity hands trembled as she grip her hands on the steering wheel tightly. How infuriating. This world is really biased towards geniuses!

Suddenly grumbling sounds was heard beside her.

Serenity could see the slight twitching of Arthur's mouth.

"Let's look for a place to sleep. Argen is already hungry. He haven't eaten anything since yesterday." That was the longest sentence Serenity heard from his mouth, but it was an excuse for his imperfection. Hah. The world still isn't that biased!

----

Continue?