Chapter 3: Escape

Serenity turned to look at the young man, Tristan, with a complicated look. She heard from him that this woman, Erica, is his saviour. She saved him when they escaped from the supermarket.

Now that she's here, it doesn't look like he is grateful towards the little lady, instead he looks at her coldly. So there's still time for her to change his situation.

She looks at the people around her. They look weary and tired. There are at least thirty people here. Some rich madams on a shopping spree but there are also other commoners.

"Does any of you knows how to drive a bus?" She asked lazily and ignored the arrogant girl.

"I know how to." A middle age man raise his head and held his daughter.

"Come with me. There is a bus outside on the road when I passed by, I'll lead you to it. Rescue might come later so we have to move on our own." Serenity said as she turn around to walk out.

"How ignorant. If you want to survive, you shouldn't believe a word from a brat." Erica harrumphed in annoyance. This brat just ignored her. How audacious!

The man hesitated after hearing that.

"I'll come with you." Fortunately, Tristan volunteered making the middle age man nodded his head, he then assured his daughter that everything will be okay and to stay as he would bring her away afterwards. Luckily the little child was obedient and just nodded her head. The man then walk towards them.

Hatred could be seen in Erica's eyes when she was once again ignored but her infatuated gaze turned to Tristan making Serenity frowned in disgust.

Serenity then pulled out two guns out making Erica shut up completely. She smirked lazily and hand out the two guns to Tristan and the middle age uncle, Uncle Lee.

Tristan's eyes lit up and Uncle Lee hesitated a little but both of them still took it. They had to wonder though how this young man was capable to take out two guns but still it came in handy in this situation.

"Watch your steps and don't make too much noise. They are sensitive to sounds. Don't shoot as much as possible so we don't attract more zombies." She instructed and walk out without fear. Her every steps didn't make any sound making Tristan look at her in awe.

She took out her retractable knife and it lengthen to the size of a sword.

Spotting two zombies in the exit, she move without any sound and slice the nearest zombie's neck, she then twirled around and cut the other zombie when it noticed her.

Her two companions gape in astonishment. It seems like she just gave them a gun in case of emergency. This young man is a true master!

She gestured for them to follow her and they all dash out without hesitation. After seeing her incredible feats, the two men started trusting her more easily.

More zombies run after them but she didn't have to worry much because ungraded zombies are slow. Ungraded ones are only dangerous if they are in a group.

She created a path and left corpses behind her as she killed without any emotion. She was like a machine who didn't hesitate killing zombies. The two men followed behind her as they run with all their might.

After turning from different corners, she finally spotted the bus she had seen. Fortunately it was left open, it must be when the driver escape. There had to be infected humans in the bus if he left the bus here alone.

"All clear, uncle Lee, you can now enter." She stated and then guarded the door of the bus. The men entered before she also entered the bus.

Uncle Lee then hurriedly driven the bus towards the mall to take the people out there.

When they arrived, Serenity assured uncle Lee that she would protect his daughter so he stayed inside the bus with Tristan.

Serenity then went inside alone to escort the others.

Some of them didn't actually want to go out in fear of those monsters attacking them but because the majority agreed they still reluctantly left. Serenity also instructed them to take food as much as possible. Erica complained that she didn't want to carry any heavy things but Serenity just told her to starve if she wants to so she reluctantly took some.

Serenity then sneakily took a few and put it inside her space when the others aren't looking. They all started gathering at the door waiting for her.

"You better protect us properly." Erica stated while Serenity held little Mimi in her arms. Serenity just rolled her eyes at Erica and they all run to the bus.

Serenity was able to sighed in relief when all of them are inside.

She was about to leave when she remembered Tristan's tragic love life. With a complicated look, she walk in and relax as she sat next to the young man. She notice someone glaring at her but ignored it nonetheless. There's only one woman who hates her guts, especially if she is sitting next to the person she likes. Serenity couldn't care less. Serenity had to wonder though, why does this woman hate her?

She sighed and mentally shook her head to forget it. Serenity didn't know that, even though she disguised herself as a man, her face still looks better than most women out there.

She then gave uncle Lee the address of the nearest rescue center.

'Oh well, I could send them off to rescue centers first then.' She thought as she closed her eyes and fell asleep.

---

Serenity was awoken when she heard gunshots.

"Stop!" She suddenly said to uncle Lee. The old man was startled but hit the break.

"Why did you have to stop?" Erica shriek in a shrilly voice making Serenity frown.

"There should be survivors around." She stated and stood up.

"Why do I care? It's dangerous outside!"

"It's better to have more people who could fight, after all, most people here are women." Serenity pointed out.

"We don't have to fight anymore, let's just hurry and go to the rescue centers for safety." One of the women said. The others didn't say anything but they all silently agreed.

Serenity frowned. These people are so naive and ignorant. After the apocalypse, people have to survive on their own, if they have to depend on another to survive then they will just suffer more.

"Then I'll separate with you guys here." Serenity decided. Tristan is already safe here and Erica didn't have to save him anymore so his tragic love life might not occur.

"Hurry up and leave then!" Erica said, but the happiness is evident in her eyes. This brat is finally leaving and she could be with her Tristan.

But Tristan had different ideas. After all, this young man is still his saviour.

"I'll come with you." He stated and stood up.

"Young master Gray!" Erica suddenly protested.

"You don't have to. I don't have to worry about anyone if I am by myself." Serenity truthfully said. She wasn't really arrogant but Tristan is still weak and he hasn't been awakened yet. She doesn't really had the time to babysit anyone.

Tristan silently stared at her. He knows that he is a burden so he reluctantly agreed and nodded.

"Then I'll meet you in the center."

Serenity nodded and gave him a genuine smile making the cold face Tristan smile a little bit.

She walk to the door and was about to exit when she heard him asked.

"What is your name?"

She stopped and turned to look at him.

"My name is Ren." She then walk out and wave at them in farewell. Uncle Lee gave her a concerned look but she just nodded at him in assurance. Little Mimi just wave at her goodbye.

----

Continue?