ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰᴏᴜʀ: ꜱɪʟᴇɴᴛ ᴘᴀɪɴ

Trigger warnings: Angst, fluff, depiction of depression, talk of depression, talk of medication, manic episode, self-doubt, low self-esteem/self-worth.

''I'm out of town right now with Jax, I'm gonna need you to go to her apartment and check on her for me.''

''I can't. I can't get in, I don't even know what apartment she's in, she's never let me into the building.''

''It's ok. The code for the front door is 7395, she's in 4B on the fourth floor. There's a key hidden under the loose tile under the welcome mat in front of her door. It has a little crack on top you can't miss it. Call me right after.''

Emma hadn't even finished talking that Ransom was already in his car, driving over to you. He hung up after promising to Emma he'd call her later. He parked in front of your building and rushed to the front door. He had tried to call you again from the car but still no answer. He typed in the code Emma had given him and he ran up the stairs all the way to the fourth floor. He didn't have the patience to wait for the elevator. Thank goodness he does cardio almost every day otherwise he would have passed out before he even got to your door.

He found your apartment at the end of the hall and knocked several times. After the fourth time, he looked under the mat and found the loose tile Emma was talking about. To his relief, the key was still under there.

He unlocked the door quickly and walked inside. It was dark even though it was the middle of the day, all the blinds were shut. As it was the first time he's ever been in your apartment, he wasn't sure where to look. It was such a small apartment that it didn't take him long to look around. Normally he would feel uncomfortable in such a small space, after all there was a reason why he was living in a giant house that had equally huge windows, but this apartment was so... you that he felt right at home. The decoration, the pictures hanging around, everything was perfectly fitted to your personality.

He looked into your room and when he didn't see you, he turned around but something told him he needed to look again. It was hard to see because it was so dark but he finally found you.

You were lying in bed, hidden under the covers. It didn't seem like you were moving and Ransom's heart was racing in his chest, his hands were shaking.

He walked over to you slowly. ''Baby?'' He called out to you softly.

You were on your stomach, your face directly on the mattress and your head turned to the side. Ransom almost cried when he saw that your eyes were opened and that you were blinking. His mind had been torturing him with horrible scenarios since the moment Emma had told him she hadn't heard from you either and he was relieved to find you awake.

He crouched down in front of you and tilted his head to the side to look at you. ''Baby, are you ok?'' He kept his voice as quiet as he could.

Your eyes moved to look into his and for a second he stopped breathing. Your eyes were... empty. The usual sparkle that's always in them, even when you're sad, is gone. It felt like you were looking through him more than at him. He took in a shaky breath. Something was definitely wrong.

''Talk to me, tell me what's wrong so that I can help you.''

You kept staring at him.

''Are you hurt?'' He tried to look at you to see if you had injured yourself. ''You need to talk to me otherwise I can't help you.'' He pleaded, his heart still racing.

''You can't help me.'' You finally spoke, barely above a whisper.

''I can try, please.'' He brought his shaky hand to your cheek and gently stroked it with his knuckles.