Chain Practice [Part 6]

Technoblade's P.O.V.

How did this happen again? I'm on the ground, bleeding from limb to limb. 

From Dream.

I remember dragging him to the battle arena after challenging him. I had to get my mind off of a certain Wilbur

But it backfired.

"HAHA!" Dream wheezed out.

"How does the pain feel 'Bacon?!'" The more he got on my nerves, the more I actually listened to the voices.

"Just pin him down and dominate him, no big deal." A voice said. "Shut the heck up." Another voice told the other voice. "Why are you so mean?!" The other voice shot back, "Both of you shut the fuck up." Another voice butted in. Silence was then heard in my head.

I woke up to reality when Dream swung the chain at me again. I asked him to teach me while to fight, I ended up hurting myself with the thing more than he was hurting me. 

I dodged the chain, trying to recreate the chain whip he just did.

I ended up hurting myself again. And man it hurts like a bitch.

I heard a wheeze coming from Dream, laughing at my failed attempt.

I watched him whip the chain around his wrist, the end part dangling. And watched him approach me.

"Your not good at this are you?" Dream asked, was it even a question?

"Oh yeah I'm amazing. Did you see how I whipped myself?" I sarcastically said, a bit annoyed. 

"Okay, okay. Here." I watched him take hold of my wrist.

"Your putting to much effort in swinging it, just let yourself let go of it. It's not an axe or a sword, It's a chain." He explained. 

Be at peace? With still the ill intention of murder?

How does he do it?

"I see your confused." I realized I was staring at him with a confused face, instantly stopping my actions. He laughed softly, then looked around for something, seemingly spotting it.

"Watch." Was all he said.

He swung the chain around, unwrapping the grasp it had on him. Swinging the chain at a water bottle.

Is he showing me how to aim? Or is he trying to grab it? Probably the first option, it's impossible to grasp that water bottle with a chain alone, it's going at high speeds. And if he were to make a sudden movement the chain with tug back at him, hitting him right in the face. 

I'd love to see that.

I looked at the chain as it flew, and then looked back at him. He seemed unbothered, but also focused.

His movements changed, swinging his arm to the left sending the chain back at him.

I knew it. 

He made another move, this time he swung he arm to the right. Making the chain change again, and swing uncontrollably. He leaned backwards, making the chain go up. And right as the chain was about to hit the water bottle he spun his arm in a circle.

Making the chain grasp the water bottle.

He tugged his arm backwards then, forcefully making the water bottle come to him. He moved his body to the side, lifting his arm to grab the water bottle, successfully doing so. The chain fell to the ground beside him. 

He then turned his attention towards me.

"Surprised? It's not hard." 

"Oh sure." One of my voices said. "And I'm Notch."

"Surely you were watching? I put quite a show." He smiled confidently. He wasn't wrong...

"I sure was." I said back. It made him smile wider.

"Now you try." He challenged. 

I sighed. Does he think I can nail this first try?

He ran over to a spot on the sparring ground and set the water bottle down. Then running back to me.

"Just breathe. You know you can do it right? Or am I gonna beat you at this?" He challenged once again.

Little brat.

I recalled every move he did in my head. Turning my attention towards the water bottle. 

Everything around it got blurry. And I suddenly felt calm.

Silence rung in my ear, like the whole world expected greatness or something to happen. 

I began doing everything he did, recalling it move by move.

His footing.

Hand movement.

Eye movement.

Every little thing.

I swung the chain at the water bottle, moving my arm left when it felt right, watching the chain abruptly change it's movement towards me. I then swung my arm right, making the chain spiral uncontrollably. I leaned back, the chain changing to move upwards. Right as the chain was about to whip the water bottle.

I spun my arm in a circle.

The chain wrapping around the water bottle like a snake in the process. I tugged at the water bottle, forcefully making it come towards me. 

I turned to my side.

And grasped the water bottle.

I snapped back to reality at the sound of clapping.

He started laughing like a little kid jumping up and down. "See? See? Not the hard?! You just gotta be dreamy like me." He said, laughing mid way through his sentences. I laughed softly at his excitement.

I did it.

My head was filled with... Nothing.

Where did the voices go?

Why do I feel so...

At peace?