Ch 2 - The Call

It has been a week since they returned from Paris. The entire team is now hard at work, preparing for the upcoming new collection.

"G, have you seen the initial sketch?" Tamara asks. Gia shows her what she's holding in her hand.

"How does it look?"

"Great, I think. Cruise didn't have any comments, so we're on the right track," Gia replies, shifting her focus back to the new design. As the head of the Creative Department, she ensures that every design goes through her before reaching Cruise.

The Paris Campaign was a tremendous success for YoLo Fashion House. As newcomers in the industry, they have proven their ability to thrive with fresh ideas that captivate consumers' hearts. Everyone is working tirelessly to make their mark in this competitive field, with rival fashion houses lurking at every turn.

"I think we should consider this one too. It may look simple, but it has an aesthetic appeal," Gia passes a design to Sorn. He carefully examines the draft, paying attention to every detail.

"Yeah, we could create a new concept with a minimalist aesthetic," he suggests, smiling at Gia. The atmosphere between them feels harmonious. Having worked side by side since their teenage years, they understand each other's preferences and styles.

"Can you believe we're still doing this after more than 10 years?" Gia leans against the table, looking at Sorn. He lets out a small chuckle.

"Remember our college days? Those sleepless nights, preparing for small showcases. And now, look at us! Working on a grand-scale show like Paris," Sorn reminisces. He hands a cup of coffee to Gia, who accepts it gracefully, her smile radiating warmth.

Sorn and Gia have been best friends since childhood. They were once neighbors, but when Gia tragically lost both of her parents in a car accident, she moved in with her aunt.

However, despite their close bond, they never pursued a romantic relationship. Many people wonder why they never became a couple, as they seem perfect for each other. But sometimes, knowing someone too well can lead to losing interest.

After all, what more could they discover about each other when they already know every intimate detail? Gia and Sorn never kept secrets from each other, and even their families acknowledged their special connection. Sorn's parents even considered Gia as their daughter.

"My mom asked me again if she could formally ask for your hand," Sorn chuckles, sipping his coffee. Gia shakes her head in disbelief, a smile playing on her lips.

Mrs. Kent never let go of the idea of Gia becoming a permanent member of the Kent-Patthita family. It seems to be her ultimate mission.

Unfortunately, it won't work.

"You better find someone soon, or she'll stick to her plan," Gia glares at Sorn. He simply smiles bitterly in response.

"I'm not sure," he confesses.

"Why?" Sorn meets Gia's gaze. The words seem to get stuck in his throat, but he looks down and lets out a chuckle.

"Oh, you know my brother, Way?" Sorn asks with a smile.

"Little Lamb?" Gia responds, her voice filled with affection. Little Lamb is the nickname she gave to Way. She used to babysit him whenever his parents were out of town or when Sorn was busy with tennis practice. Way holds a special place in her heart.

"You know he isn't that little anymore..."

"Way will always be my little lamb, no matter how much he grows," Gia says, emphasizing the enduring bond between them.