Chapter 1

3rd Person's POV
Wednesday - 3:01 PM
Blood Moon Kingdom, Arena

"I am ready."

Claps and cheers were echoed throughout the arena. It took at least 10 seconds for Skylar to take down all of the dummies and as well as the other competitors.

King Vladimir of Blood Moon Kingdom has a smirk on his face. "No wonder my son fell for you. Very interesting."

The other kings and queens were clapping for the outstanding performance of Skylar, being able to cast a powerful whirlpool inside the arena to take everyone down.

Skylar went to where his friends are, Zach was the first one who welcomed him. "Nice job." Burying his face on Skylar's neck, sniffing the refreshing ocean scent of the latter.

"Thank you." He said hugging back to the vampire prince.

Skylar earned 600 points, sweeping the entire competition. There is no doubt they already won the festival on its very first day.

Tozar Academy with 100 points.

Hexai Academy is still with 125 points.

Magnum Academy is now at the top with 600 points.

A loud voice was then heard. "Good afternoon." Everyone looked over to where it is coming from. It's the king of the host kingdom.

"Because of the unexpected result of the recently concluded match, there will be changes in the festival. Students you may now take your rest. Day 1 of Grand Magic Festival is officially over, I hope to see all of you tomorrow."

The news ran fast like a wildfire. Now everyone's eyes are on Magnum Academy, especially Skylar. The people of Fiore now consider him as a prodigy, even comparing him to the greatest wizard of all time, Lucius - his father.

King Vladimir then teleported to where the representatives of Magnum Academy are. "Who are you?" He stated, directing the question to Skylar.

"I am Skylar. I am a water-attribute wizard." He stated, locking eyes with the king.

King Vladimir just hummed a reply, then teleported out. But deep inside his mind, the kid felt familiar. Seeing him up close made him think that he had met Skylar before. King Vladimir teleported to where his wife is in deep slumber, the binding spell from the witch that casts the curse is hard to uplift, which is expected from a binding curse.

"When will you wake up, my love. I've been missing you." The king said, talking to her sleeping wife.

Skylar and the others are all preparing on their rooms for their dinner in the banquet of the castle. Skylar is currently fixing his hair, pushing it to the back.

That is when someone spoke behind him. "You look like a prince."

Skylar looked back at the mirror, memorizing his face. Zachary then snakes his hands on to Skylar's waist. The two decided to stay together on Zach's room, while the others are in their own accommodations. Skylar smiled and turned to hug Zachary.

"You are my prince." Skylar stated, resting his head on Zach's chest.

Minutes passed, they were called to the banquet for dinner. As they went out, Skylar felt something odd. As they're walking in the hallway to meet their friends, an arrow suddenly rushes towards them, coming from the window.

Skylar grabs Zach's hand, pulling him down. Both avoided the arrow.

Skylar saw something wrapped around the arrow. Zach picks up the paper attached to it, reading the letter.

"You're gonna lose." Zach reads the note out loud.

Zachary then called the guards to scout the vicinity, knowing that the culprit is still around. The words regarding the incident spread across the kingdom. That is when the king teleported in front of them. "Find the culprit." He ordered Zachary.

Zach immediately runs out of the window. Skylar was about to follow in pursuit, but King Vladimir grabs his hand. "Just who are you? Where the hell you came from?" The king straightforwardly asked.

Skylar just smiled and pulled his hand away, running out of the window.

He snaps his fingers, a blue magic circle appeared in the night sky – rain starts pouring very hard. Using the water from the rain, he was able to sense the people under the rain. He felt dark magic coming from the east, leading to the huge garden of the kingdom.

He ran towards the origin of the energy as fast as he can. As he soon reached his destination, he saw a figure wearing a cloak, a bow on hand, with a portal in front of it. The figure was about to escape through the portal when Skylar casted.

"Water Nebula"

A magic circle appeared below the figure. It then jumped out of the range, dodging Skylar's attempt. "He's fast." Skylar thought.

As the figure is mid-air the portal closes, it then used its bow to shoot. "Raging Arrows!" A man-in-cloak casted.

One arrow was shot, but as it nears Skylar, it multiplied to hundreds.

"Water Tentacles." Tentacles surges out of the ground, surrounding Skylar.

" Tentacles surges out of the ground, surrounding Skylar

Easily deflecting the arrows. Skylar was about to defend the last arrow when it exploded. The man whispered, "Raging Arrow: Explosion", the explosion sent Skylar back but was still firmly standing.

The explosion was heard by everyone within the area. Guards, the representatives, and Zachary started running towards where the fight is taking place. King Vladimir is silently watching the scene behind a tree.

Skylar thought of a plan. He plans to get close to the man and control the flow of water within him, not allowing the man to breath. He's problem is that the man's attacks are long-ranged, closing the gap between them will be very challenging. Another problem is that the man is agile.

"Raging Arrows!" The man casted once again. "I won't fall for the same tactic." Skylar thought to himself.

"Water Tentacles." Deflecting each attack, one arrow remains, he then commanded the tentacles to form a dome-like shape to protect himself from the explosion of the final arrow.

The man clicked his tongue. He was about to run away when a huge wall of water appeared.

"Where do you think you're going?" Skylar stated.

----------
Please remember to VOTE, ADD, FOLLOW, SHARE, and COMMENT.