Close Encounter

Chapter Two.

My first day was a disaster. It wasn't fun. My day started out with a funeral, and freaking funeral. Some guy, apparently a cyclops, died yesterday. How, nobody knows. They found him on a beach with a stab wound. Then it got worse. I never liked violence. Yet I got claimed by the one and only, Ares. Just great. But I think the worst part of my day was the moment I nearly died. Let me introduce myself, I am an OC. My name was never assigned a name. In fact, I was the describe as "disposable." I know that seems unreasonable, but you should see what happened to me. Back to story mode.

A new camper joined camp just as they were commencing a funeral. He awkwardly sat down while they all sobbed. He was relieved to see humans, of course he would occasionally see something abnormal. But the centaur...

He walked up to a girl "Uh...I'm sort of new here. Whats going on?" He asked.

"Tyson, the sweetest person- well, uh, cyclops, I've ever met. He died today, or yesterday." The girl said, blinking away tears.

After they burned the shrine, the new camper was assigned to the Hermes cabin. About 2 seconds after he stepped into the cabin he was claimed by Ares. He was introduced to his new cabin-mates. After having a slightly violent/"kindest format of initiation" he got to eat dinner which again amazed him.

After dinner they got to play a game of capture the flag, despite what had happened that day. The day only got worse. The new kid was positioned as border guard being the newbie. The armor weighted him down, his shoulders felt like they were being impaled by spikes that wouldn't break into your skin unless you moved it one too many times.

He felt like a useless guard because a group of 3 ran straight through him and snatched the flag. Literally everyone ran after the flag, he managed to knock down the person holding the flag, then another demigod, a brown haired girl picked it up and ran faster than lightning into the forest. Half of the team charged into the forest. Then there was an ungodly scream.

A horn sounded near the middle of the forest, coming from Chiron. The rest of the team ran towards the sound and the boy followed. Everyone who got there was crowded around a tree (not Thalia's tree). The boy pushed through the crowd and saw something horrifying. Two boys, one slightly older than the other. They were obviously biological brothers. The horrifying thing is that they both were hanging from a tree with a rope around their necks. A girl was stroking one of the boy's faces, sobbing, sniffling. Chiron two other girls went over to comfort her. Apparent suicides.

He later learned that the boy's names were Conner and Travis Stoll. That girl was Katie Gardner, Travis' girlfriend. The games were cancelled even if the team had already won. They held yet another funeral. It was lights out immediately after, he had been told there was suppose to be songs and a big bonfire. It seemed they weren't in the mood for it.

The worst part of the day was the most violent. The boy took the top bunk of the head counselor's bed, Clarisse. It was the only place near a window. The boy had trouble sleeping, thinking about how the same thing could have happened to him. Chiron himself has promised to ensure his safety. Suddenly he regretted taking the window bunk. After blinking once a girl appeared in the window. She looked around 16-ish, extremely creepy and unsettling to look at. She stared at him with black soulless eyes, a demon's eyes. Her hair was a mess, tangled, dirty, and in bunches. He went under the covers shaking violently, breathing heavily.

"Clarisse!" He called out. "The window!"

No answer. He slipped out of the covers and took a deep breath. The girl at the window was gone. His heart started pounding as if it was going to jump right out of his chest. He jumped off his bunk and ran to a light and turned it on.

The boy let out a gasp the woke the remaining Ares kids. Half the cabin, -excluding Clarisse- had been impaled with their own weapons. And worst of all, the girl from outside, the image of her on the window...was a reflection. She had been inside the cabin, not outside. The boy ran out of the cabin and the others flooded out. Clarisse was left inside, ready to battle the girl in her pajamas, and the door closed itself.

Everyone was too shocked to move. They waited. To their relief, Clarisse bursted out of the door; at the same moment something snagged her shirt collar, lifted her, snatched her weapon, and ran her through with it. Clarisse collapsed and the cabin door flew open with no one inside.

ǝuo ou ʎq

Notes: When I killed off the Stoll I immediately grabbed at my heart because THAT HURT OH MY GODS. Then I ate the rest of my snickers bar. (If you don't get the reference that's just sad.)