chapter one

now playing...

LUST FOR LIFE
by Lana Del Ray

↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺
0:58 ──♡───── 2:29

┌─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┐
Halle Bailey as...

 ───┐Halle Bailey as

ANNA-LOUISE FRANCIS'31', female, 5'5, gemini

ANNA-LOUISE FRANCIS
'31', female, 5'5, gemini

race,
seraphim — an ancient primordial powerful
race of 'angels', from the planet 'seraph'. They
have a base form that resembles humans, but
their true form is 'incomprehensible' to the
human mind, or those considered below them.

powers,
wing manifestation, primordial force, holy fire,
holy voice, meta-teleportation, creation, divine
protection, divine presence and 'true form'.
└─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───┘

this fanfics timeline is: avengers: infinity waravengers: endgamethe falcon and the winter solidereternals
(2018 - 2023)

.⃗.🕊•̩̩͙⁺゜ ⤾·˚ ༘ ◡̈

ANNA SAT BY THE WINDOW OF HER FAVOURITE CAFE. She watched as people bustled about. She took a sip of her coffee, and rythmatical tapped her fingers on the table, right beside her phone. "Excuse me." a voice with an irish drawl said behind her. She turned around and was met with a nonchalant looking man holding a cup of tea as he looked down at her.

"Yes." she simply said. "Can I sit there?" he asked, pointing to the seat that had her handbag in it. She looked behind him and noticed that all the other chairs were occupied. "Sure." She said and reached over the small coffee table and picked up her bag and sat it by her feet. She watched as he rounded her and placed his cup down and took a seat cross from her.

Anna leaned back and took him in before looking back out the window. Druig siped on his tea and looked at Anna over the rim of his cup. She could feel his eyes on her, scrutinising and picking her apart. "Is there something on my face?" she asked a bit rudely as she stared back at him. He said nothing but continued sipping on his tea. Still staring at her no less.

She rolled her eyes and tucked her hands under her armpits and crossed her legs under the table. "There's nothing on your face, you just look familiar." Anna looked at him in confusion and disbelief. "Well I definitely don't know you." Druig only hummed and gave her an inquisitive stare. "Okay." he concluded. He's odd, she thought and grabbed her own cup of tea and took a sip, noting that it had grown lukewarm.

Her phone blared loudly, disturbing the brief peace between them. He peeked over and peered at the name flashing on the screen. Pepper, it read. She noticed him peeking and shot him a glare as she snatched it up and answered it. "Yes Pepper."

"Where are you?" Pepper asked. It sounded like she was in her car. Definitely speeding. "I'm at that cafe we normally go to, near the tower."

Pepper let out a breath, "Okay, stay there. I'm coming to pick you up." she exclaimed before ending the call suddenly. Anna pulled the phone away from her ear and stared at the blank screen of her phone before shrugging and placed her phone down on the table. Her ears picked up on the sound of skidding tires in the distance. That must be Pepper. She'd concluded. A sleek black Audi screeched to a halt in front of the cafe, startling the pedestrians as they moved out of the way, should they get caught in it's momentum.

Pepper emerged from the car in her classic office chic attire, but this time it was coupled up with outrageously large sunglasses that covered most of her upper face. Pepper angrily pointed at Anna from the other side of the window indicating for her to come out of the cafe. Anna groaned, and stood up from her chair and grabbed her bag and moved to pick up her cup. But she stopped. Druig placed his hand on top of hers, "I'll get them to take it, go. It looks like your friend needs you," he offered. Anna slowly retreated her hand and readjusted her bag on her shoulder and thanked him before walking out.

"Who was that?" was the first thing Pepper asked once Anna reached her. She looked back, he was looking at her. "I don't know. Let's go."

"Are you sure? He's cute." Anna rolled her eyes and made her way to the passenger door and threw her bag on the back seats and slid in. "Pepper! Come on. You can't keep staring at him." she urged.

Pepper conceded and slipped into the driver's seat. "We have an emergency."

"What is it?"

Pepper released a deep breath, and turned to the confused woman. "You know the dress I chose three months ago." Anna nodded. "Well it arrived, and it's not the same fucking colour." Anna deepanned and groaned. "I wish I had your problems. So your telling me you're having a literal breakdown because the colors are different."

"This is important Anna."

"Okay, I'm going to ask you a series of questions?" Pepper nodded, as she pulled out of the parking spot and pulled away from the cafe. Leaving it and the mysterious man behind.

"Is it still the same dress shape?"

"Yes."

"Does it fit you?"

"Yes."

"Is the colour horrendous?"

Pepper hesitated, screwed her lips and shook her head side to side. "...It's not bad."

"Yes or No Pepper."

"No."

"Then you have nothing to worry about." Anna said. "What did Tony say?" She asked as Pepper pressed on the accelerator. The ginger head scoffed, "I doubt he was even listening to me."

Druig watched the car pull out. He tried one more time, pushing out the tendrils of his psionic powers to her mind. Nothing, he couldn't penetrate her mind. Not once in his 7,000 years had anyone been able to resist his telepathy. He looked over at the cup that she'd used, and reached over and grabbed it and looked over it. For some reason he'd hoped that he'd get some sort of insight on the mysterious woman.

But nothing, it was a simple used cup. He finished his tea and called over a waitress and watched as she packed the cups on her tray. Anna, that was her name. It seems he does have a reason to stay in New York a little longer.

Tuesday 16th November 2021 not proofread, or edited
I WILL TRY AND MAKE UPDATES WEEKLY.